Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Initial accommodation

Options
  • 12-07-2012 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hello there, just wondering if some of you might be able to highlight some of the important pre-requisites for paying for rent, such as do you need a job before your accepted or do you need an address, because I have the money and in my mind, getting a place works as simple as, Hello i'd like to rent this place, Oh thats fine, just gimme the deposit and 300 euro and your in?! Thanks lads.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,402 ✭✭✭✭Victor

The landlord needs to know that you have the upfront money, the follow-up money and that you won't trash the place.

Some some form of track record and references are likely to be asked for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

A landlord will want to know how you plan on paying for the 12 months or whatever you plan to stay there. Many want an employer reference because of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

I never gave a reference for the 2 places I have rented. My current place asked for a reference and I said I only knew the landlord's first name, couldn't remember the exact address but could get his mobile number from a mate. They said they would need it when I came to pay the rent next month but never asked for it.

Advertisement