Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Graphics Card

Options
  • 12-07-2012 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭

Hey guys

I'm in the process of upgrading my current PC and am about to pull the trigger on an order for a new 2500K, 8GB of DDR3 ram and a compatible motherboard.

Thats the first step, next (soon) I was hoping to get one of those beautiful Catleap monitors.

Now, my question is what Graphics card should I be looking to pair with the rest of those components in order to get the max res (1440p)? I had been looking at 6870's but would they be powerful enough to run games at decent framerates?

The current card I have is only an old 4890 so I doubt I'd even get 1080p out of that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

6870 won't cut it. You'll need a GTX 670/ HD7950 minimum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭SK1979

Eboggles wrote: »
    6870 won't cut it. You'll need a GTX 670/ HD7950 minimum.

Really yeh? Damnit, funds wont allow a GPU of that to be bought for a while. Will have to save so. :)

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

Unfortunately to run a catleap one is going to have to fork out at least 300 snots for a card to game at reasonable frame rates..

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭CS Hasuki

You could probably get away with a 7870 minimum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Why the 2500K?

• Advertisement
Advertisement