Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Dublin the new Stab City?

Options
  • 12-07-2012 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭

Okay, the subject of this may seem a little extreme but it’s completely realistic. The old holder of that title has seen serious crime drop off the map while Dublin’s crime levels are exploding. The streets are dangerous to the point where your safety is a numbers game, as in it’s only a matter of time before you become a victim.

So, realistically, is Dublin the new Stab City?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Mossess wrote: »
    Okay, the subject of this may seem a little extreme but it’s completely realistic. The old holder of that title has seen serious crime drop off the map while Dublin’s crime levels are exploding. The streets are dangerous to the point where your safety is a numbers game, as in it’s only a matter of time before you become a victim.

So, realistically, is Dublin the new Stab City?

Completely Realistic? ... Sounds legit.

Go on. Show us the crimes stats, the explosive ones.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

The streets are dangerous to the point where your safety is a numbers game, as in it’s only a matter of time before you become a victim.

Yikes!! Better stay indoors and await my grisly fate so!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

Which part of Dublin is Dangerous ?

I work in the Big Smoke every Day and dont feel in Danger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

The streets are dangerous to the point where your safety is a numbers game, it’s only a matter of time before you become a victim.

This works really really well if you read it in your best forboding, movie trailer voice...cut to scene of brutal street gang attack.

Meanwhile, in the real world.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Yes,it's wall to wall stabbings.Why I was stabbed 36 times today whilst walking down O'Connell Street.When the paramedics arrived to treat me they stabbed me too,and stole my hat.You can't move for all the stabbings in the place Joe.

**awaits PM from Evening Herald reporter**

Seriously though,people need to get a grip!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

OP can you provide the Stats to backup your comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Doubt it. I'm fine living here since I was born about 23 years ago

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Doubt it. I'm fine living here since I was born about 23 years ago

You're on borrowed time,my friend..you will get stabbed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

The streets are dangerous to the point where your safety is a numbers game, as in it’s only a matter of time before you become a victim.

Is it really? Really is it? Really?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭carlmango11

Images of people darting down alleys and scaling buildings to avoid the 28-days-later-style scummers with butcher knives and cleavers running around the abandoned streets.

You heard the man. It's only a matter of time guys.

Quick question OP: have you been to Dublin before?

• Advertisement

Degsy wrote: »
    You're on borrowed time,my friend..you will get stabbed.
    I'm heading out tonight. I swear if I get stabbed, I'm sending Damo and the boys after you. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

I'm heading out tonight. I swear if I get stabbed, I'm sending Damo and the boys after you. :D

Might want to send them anyway. Only way to protect against a stabbing is to get their first.

Hanley wrote: »
    Might want to send them anyway. Only way to protect against a stabbing is to get their first.

Well ahead of you there.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

al28283 wrote: »
    Is it really? Really is it? Really?

yes, yes it is.

I get stabbed at least once a day cos you know i have walk from O'Connell Street to Merrion Square everyday.

but at the weekend i wear my stab vest so its not too bad

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Radiosurfer

The old holder of that title has seen serious crime drop off the map...

Where did you get this from? The people of Limerick would love this to be true, sadly nothing has changed. Oh wait, the money for the regeneration of Southill has run out. That's about all the news from Limerick lately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

I'm only too aware of the knife culture here a 'promising boxer' having had his throat slit on my doorstep in broad daylight last wk - by a pal; but people should understand Tynee Tempahs London 'grime' scene practically insists you carry a knife and SHM have collaborated with the likes of 'Knife Party' Both acts, were present at the Phoenix Park scangerfest.

And I say scangerfest, in relation to seeing the bill nevermind what it inevitably attracted. Authorities would wanna get some cultural savvy, after more than two decades of a dominant skanger culture that was given the very vacuous air it sails on by the emergance of the scumbag club scene of rave and given gangland wind by rap; their finger is hardly on the pulse now is it. I remember a time prior, there was only the occasional ordinary decent criminal.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement