Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Xperia Neo and Battery life

Options
  • 12-07-2012 4:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Just inherited the above phone and the battery life sucks :(

I've done all I can in terms of dimming the display, turning off wireless, no bluetooth running etc.

I figure there MUST be something running in the background that is eating the battery so I deleted all the unnecessary apps. I've turned off synching.

So as it stands I charged the phone last night. Alarm went off this morning, had a look at facebook and went to work. Had a 5 min call and no texts. Few looks at facebook during the day and a browse of a couple of sites on lunch. Alarm just went there to tell me battery is down to 10%.

What the hell like?

Battery use is defined as

Display 34%
    Cell standby 20%
    Phone idle 19%
    Voice calls 18%
    Facebook 5%
    Android system 2%

Display time on is 46m 25s and I've it on the lowest brightness and set to time out after 30 seconds.

Help! I can't have a phone that won't even get me through the day.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Download a battery saver something like JuiceDefender

Smart phones battery life is generally very poor. Big screen and fast CPU's etc.

Advertisement