Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mobile phone signal enhancer

Options
  • 12-07-2012 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

hi all,
    i'm about to move into a place (old cottage) just outside a large town and the meteor signal is v poor ie 0 to 1 bar. outside the cottage it goes up to 2 / 3 bars.
    I could get digiweb / wi max but this wont solve the voice calls problem.
    I'm using an iphone on meteor which i was hoping would be able to tether / create a personal hotspot for my laptop for typing emails etc.

I have read threads here and some of them are fairly dated.

all advise highly welcome

Rgds
    BR

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

If there's a substantial population in the area it might be worth getting on to Meteor and asking them to do a survey. I complained about signal to Meteor a few years ago and now there's a base station behind my back garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 bored reader

good idea, this would take time i imagine but it could be a worthwhile wait

• Registered Users Posts: 39 bored reader

good idea, this would take time i imagine but it could be a worthwhile wait.
    I think the problem is moreso the building though.

Advertisement