Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Has anyone tried the Yves saint laurent touche eclat foundation?

• 12-07-2012 5:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭

Wondering what it's like or is it worth the money!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭mcmacness

Have never tried it, didn't even know it existed until now but I'd be interested too to hear if its any good, how much is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Most Irish beauty blogs have reviewed it by now, haven't read one bad review yet! I haven't posted up a review yet as I'm still trying to figure it out!

My skin doesn't seem to like foundations in general, they always look obvious on my skin and sit in my pores so while this is definitely a beautiful foundation, it still tends to highlights my pores somehow. I gave it to my mam to try and she said the same thing but apart from the two of us, everyone else adores it!

Going to keep at it though and just work out if I need a very light hand to achieve a good result with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 makeup_emma

Love this foundation! I think it gives a fantastic radiance to the skin, without being too shiney. Probably best for normal or dry skin.

If you are having problems with your pores...try using benefits pore professional after you foundation....it has a slight tint in it so doesn't show up over foundation, but fills in the pores

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

I tried this the other day and it was lovely! Smells great and it leaves your skin feeling really soft. I only tried it on my hand though so I'm not sure about coverage and all that. It costs 55 euros in my local shop though. :eek:

Wow that is some difference! It is €38 in Brown Thomas as far as I can remember. It has a great buildable coverage.

• Advertisement

Love this foundation! I think it gives a fantastic radiance to the skin, without being too shiney. Probably best for normal or dry skin.

If you are having problems with your pores...try using benefits pore professional after you foundation....it has a slight tint in it so doesn't show up over foundation, but fills in the pores

Have it and Peter Thomas Roth's primer which is also amazing for pores but still doesn't work! Got a good facial done so keeping at it to see if that makes a difference!

hmm...really? Did you try it after your foundation? Sort of put loads on to actually fill the holes, it has worked a treat for me with alot of my clients....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

I think that must be true, as I've used it for several days with moisturiser, BB Cream, primer, Porefessional and it still ended up shiney very quickly and I looked like I had no make-up on after a couple of hours. :o But I have oily skin, so maybe I'm just not suited to this foundation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

suomi wrote: »
    . It costs 55 euros in my local shop though :eek:
    :eek: is right! Wow that's pricey. Theres no way i could justify spending that amount on foundation no matter how good it is.

anniehoo wrote: »
    :eek: is right! Wow that's pricey. Theres no way i could justify spending that amount on foundation no matter how good it is.

Yeah, I know. No matter how nice it smells, it can't be worth that. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

suomi wrote: »
    Yeah, I know. No matter how nice it smells, it can't be worth that. :p

I didn't like the smell so much! :confused:

Malari wrote: »
    I didn't like the smell so much! :confused:

Oh no? I thought it was nice, sort of perfumey. I couldn't stop sniffing my hand. :o

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

anniehoo wrote: »

It's cheaper in Brown Thomas.

The review in the latest Glamour is brilliant, I really want to try it. Seems that there is a broad shade range as well (22 I think?) so hopefully will find one to suit.

I think I have the palest shade which is nice although could do with possibly one shade even lighter, one the same as Lancome's Teint Miracle would be fab!

I think if you have good normal skin this will work wonders, just not sure I'm the right candidate for it!

SmokeyEyes wrote: »
    I think I have the palest shade which is nice although could do with possibly one shade even lighter, one the same as Lancome's Teint Miracle would be fab!

Have you ever used Bobbi Brown? Do you know what shade you are in that? I'm 00 Alabaster so would be looking for similar in the YSL...

Twee. wrote: »
    Have you ever used Bobbi Brown? Do you know what shade you are in that? I'm 00 Alabaster so would be looking for similar in the YSL...

Got sent wrong shade in Bobbi Brown, I'd guess I would be alabaster or if you've used skin base I'm 02 in Illamasqua. It's a decent shade but just could be paler and wouldn't suit the very, very pale but would be fine for most! Just Lancome's 007 is definitely paler!

Cool thanks! Will try get a sample eventually!

Advertisement