Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pubs/Late night bar recommendations for those in their 30's?

• 12-07-2012 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Any recommendations for a Friday and Saturday night out in Limerick?

Heading to the absoulte hotel for a weekend in August. We're in our earliesh 30's!! Still love a good (and late) night out

Read the thread about the sin bin - doesnt sound too good

Any help or advice is welcome......

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Depends what ye want really.

Nancy Blakes, a.k.a the Black Hole of Calcutta, is where most people seem to go. Places like Mickey Martins, Bourkes, Blind Pig / Dr. John's, Wicked Chicken, Tom Collins, Costelloes would be my choice. Perhaps the Curraghower on Clancy Strand too.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Wilbert13

The Locke isn't a bad pub, close enough. There is a hidden gem Cowheys 100 yards from Absolute, you should try it out, an authentic Limerick pub

• Registered Users Posts: 33 lolipop2005

Flannerys, Denmark st - directly across from Icon niteclub is pretty good also and is a late bar on Fri/Sat nights

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Yeah I would say any of the Flannerys, they all seem to have an older crowd! Nancys door policy is over 23's but I'm 21 and have never had trouble getting in there so I'm not sure how strict it is, they do seem to keep the teeny boppers out though, but I think the place on a whole is over-rated!!
    Angel lane have their new thing of level 23, basically the top two floors of the club are closed off for people over the age of 23 only, again I'm not sure on the policy, I'm sure on a quiet night they'd happily let anyone up there to fill the place!!

Advertisement