Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shipping parcels to UK & Europe?

Options
  • 12-07-2012 5:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭

I'm looking at opening up my distribution business to internet retaillers and mail order companies, we get very prefential rates for 48 hr UK delivery and 72 hour Europe delivery and I feel we could allow users to drop their parcels in and we organize shipping at a better price than what a smaller operator might pay for this service.

Do you ship parcels to UK & Europe? how many? where (UK, Europe etc)?

PM me if interested

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

Loads of people do that already - parcel consolidation servcies.

Thinks of the hassles -

Getting the parcels to you.
    Responsibilty for goods sent.
    Getting paid (though I presume they'll pay in advance)
    Time cost - between the chatting and delivery it could be 15min a day.

Is it really worth it for €2 or so a parcel esp if you are doing any volume you'll get a good rate yourself? - Circa 7.50 for UK and 12.00 for most of Europe is to be had quite easily.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 55 ✭✭ameliadad

rate i have with an post is as follows:

€7.50 (incl VAT) to UK up to 1KG Tracked but not signed for

€9.50 (incl VAT) to UK up to 5KG. Tracked and signed

Let me know if you can do better.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭billybunty

Hi
    I pay same rates as other poster, pls let me know if you can do better too.

Now when you say you need me to drop the parcel to you, what if im in kerry & your in donegal??!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

7.50 + vat tracked and signed for via either of 2 parcel delivery services I use. Up to 20kg. 12.50 - 14.60 for Europe 20kg and €4.00 Ireland 30kg. Though I do send in excess of 1500 parcels a month to local, UK and european addresses.

Even when i was a small operator sending only 50 parcels a week I was paying €5 for Ireland, €9.25 for Uk and about €15 for Europe. - So really it is only very small one off people you are targeting and I'm just asking do you really want the hassle for what is quite a small reward and will it mean you take the eye off your core business?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 bobbymoore1

Hi Sandin

Can you please PM me the companies you currently use? Do you recommend them? I would also like to ask a couple of questions if that's ok? I'm on the look out for parcel delivery companies.

Thanks
    Bobby

• Advertisement
Advertisement