Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gigs at The Clarence

Options
  • 12-07-2012 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭

Looks like I will be in Sligo (well Collooney) for Scroobius Pip playing the Clarence on the 17th of August so am considering popping along. However apparently doors are at 21:30 and doesn't finish up till 03:00, which, and here I'm showing my age, is a bit late/long to be standing around in the venue.

Does anyone know when vaguely a headline act would be on stage at The Clarence with doors at 21:30?

Also is there public transport at least to Sligo from Collooney (outside a taxi) or how much a taxi would cost (ball park)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

From experience, I'd say 1130.
    It depends on the band/crowd though too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

Thanks, anyone have a ball park figure for taxi costs? Google says its only about a 15 minute drive.

Also what would be the easiest way to gte one back afterwards, is there a hackney office/taxi rank somewhere in town?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Ham Sambo

Irish Halo wrote: »
    Looks like I will be in Sligo (well Collooney) for Scroobius Pip playing the Clarence on the 17th of August so am considering popping along. However apparently doors are at 21:30 and doesn't finish up till 03:00, which, and here I'm showing my age, is a bit late/long to be standing around in the venue.

Does anyone know when vaguely a headline act would be on stage at The Clarence with doors at 21:30?

Also is there public transport at least to Sligo from Collooney (outside a taxi) or how much a taxi would cost (ball park)?

A taxi is you’re best bet, I would hazard a guess at €50/60 round trip

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Thanks, anyone have a ball park figure for taxi costs? Google says its only about a 15 minute drive.

Also what would be the easiest way to gte one back afterwards, is there a hackney office/taxi rank somewhere in town?

I've been to quite a few gigs in the Clarence, often times the act will start around 11ish and play for maybe 2 hours, then there's a dj after.

There's no night bus to Collooney but a taxi shouldn't be too much I'd say, it's right out the dual carriageway so yo should fly out. There's a rank a couple of hundred meters from the entrance to the Clarence on Quay St., but I imagine you'd flag a cab from outside the door without too much difficulty if yo don't fancy the stroll.

Enjoy the gig!

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭TheQ47

Ham Sambo wrote: »
    However apparently doors are at 21:30 and doesn't finish up till 03:00,<snip> how much a taxi would cost (ball park)?

A taxi is you’re best bet, I would hazard a guess at €50/60 round trip

A taxi to Collooney shouldn't cost anything near that. I'd say closer to €20/25. It's around 12km at €1.35/km plus late night charges, booking fee, etc. From experience, a taxi to Ballymote (around 21km) usually costs me around €40 or just under.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

I reckon the gig will finish earlier than three and they will have a DJ for the rest of the night. Don't worry about standing around I find the Clarence has really ample seating space.

Thanks for all the replies, I like the sound of seats (god I'm getting old), at least the taxi won't cost me too much (I just roll it in to the ticket price and realise I've paid more sometimes ...)

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Nal

what time does the clarence close at?

That night at least I have been told 3am

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

Nal wrote: »
    what time does the clarence close at?
    They usually stop serving at 3am and music goes till 3.30-4 am

• Advertisement
Advertisement