Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Keep Calm And Discuss Retro Generally!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

megaten wrote: »
    Sorry I worded that wrongly. I meant that if an exploit is easily patched I can't see it doing much good for importers since later games will presumably require higher firmwares.

Yeah thats very true, new fw will always mean the door to the exploit is closed. Still though, if it sparks enough of an interest it might encourage others to create new exploits. The big downside to this is piracy, & its not as if you can even avoid it by buying legit carts...look at the GBA used cart scene, its a mess of boots.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

I haven't had a wink of sleep in almost 36 hours. AND I NEVER FELT MORE ALIVE!

Yeah, I really should go to bed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Drinking champagne out if a plastic cup as I'm CLASSY AS F*CK.

And I'm drink now. Happy New Years yis bastards!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

My resolution is to get at least 3 pieces of a mainframe system this year.. as well as acquire a 3DO and CDi

Britney Spears is a ride.

By the time I'm finished with her box it'll be a triangle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Happy New Year to all from the Sparks family

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

hey happy new years!
    (and now for happy new beers)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Enjoyed my annual drunken phone call from Atavan
    Happy New Year <3

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    27261113.jpg
    ItsAnElaborateRuse.jpg
    oddly enough I've just realised by a&r definition , I have a pantry!
    (In fairness I just thought of it as the area, off kitchen, where we store food , ..and make the staff sleep when it's too cold for them to stay outside at night.)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Happy New Year everone.

Lads. I am lockttttttttttt

Rule 1. You never ever fall asleep in my prescence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Til atavan moonlights as jigglypuff

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,832 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Happy new year all!

I look forward to this time next year when we're all complaining about firmware updates and limited software selection on the shiny next gen consoles!

• Advertisement

I've seen so many tits and had so many kisses so far for 2013

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I've seen so many tits and had so many kisses so far for 2013
    Did you sleep with an admin yet? X]

Sera wrote: »
    Did you sleep with an admin yet? X]

No but I've seen his cock.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,036 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Happy New Years everyone. May your 2013 be filled with CDi goodness.

New Years is overrated.

I'm a shoe In for a threesome with feelers and admins!!

• Advertisement

If you don't know who/what a feeler is, pm me and I'll recommend you for access to this private forum.

I've posted naked pics of myself in it.

Also I got boloick naked in front of everyone.

I also have. Cigar because that's how I roll bitches.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Hooray for the new year 2013!
    Hooray for the Atavan who continues to make our embarrassing drunken exploits seem minor and inconsequential in comparison to his own!
    I'm not so sure though, I reckon he talks a good game but is not the naked sex-venturer his posts would lead us to believe!

Quad post by regular poster: somewhat punished.

Quad post by drunken mod: Everything continues as it was before.

Very very bad start to the new year

:mad:

234514.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Happy new year to all you A&R posting legends. May your consoles have an amazing new year and be blessed with AAA titles all the way, down with shovelware.

Also the PS Vita is bloody great, now don't quote this cos i dont want it coming back to haunt me in the future. The Vita could actually be better than the 3DS.
    Shock bloody horror, I've played my vita more in a week than i've played the 3DS which is a terrible thing for a Ninty fanboy to say.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Quad post by regular poster: somewhat punished.

Quad post by drunken mod: Everything continues as it was before.

Are you looking for some censure to be applied in this instance?

I'm pretty sure only certain happenings of personal abuse and the like have warranted my attention, certainly the denizens of the A&R forum are pretty well capable of keeping to the rules and, as for Atavan, he serves as an ample warning to others on the effects of over indulgence in alcohol and nakedness in the wee small hours.
    Besides, it's funny and we all get to live vicariously through him as he does things the rest of us would never do, or at least never admit to!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Are you looking for some censure to be applied in this instance?

I'm pretty sure only certain happenings of personal abuse and the like have warranted my attention, certainly the denizens of the A&R forum are pretty well capable of keeping to the rules and, as for Atavan, he serves as an ample warning to others on the effects of over indulgence in alcohol and nakedness in the wee small hours.
    Besides, it's funny and we all get to live vicariously through him as he does things the rest of us would never do, or at least never admit to!
    I'm just having a laugh. I'm not really being serious about it. We need our village drunk.

I'm in a bleedin heap today. House is destroyed, thank god it's not mine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Happy New Year to everyone! I was extremely busy over the last few weeks but thank zombie jesus I'm back to normal now.

I also think I found a winner girlfriend, she got me this for Christmas

45-1b.jpg

Happy New Year to everyone! I was extremely busy over the last few weeks but thank zombie jesus I'm back to normal now.

I also think I found a winner girlfriend, she got me this for Christmas

45-1b.jpg
    Can you tell her where she got it? It'll go well with my Josef Stalin getup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Sparks43 wrote: »

Why are they gits?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Could someone possibly recommend an easy way to stick something together without using an adhesive like glue. I recently got a modded Gamecube but it doesn't have the same screw inserts like the original so my Gameboy Player doesn't lock into it. I'd prefer not to use something permanent in one or the other part breaks down or I just want to detach them.

Augmerson wrote: »
    Could someone possibly recommend an easy way to stick something together without using an adhesive like glue. I recently got a modded Gamecube but it doesn't have the same screw inserts like the original so my Gameboy Player doesn't lock into it. I'd prefer not to use something permanent in one or the other part breaks down or I just want to detach them.

Is that the clear cube from Adverts? Looks pretty cool, is it chipped too? As for a non permanent solution, some kind of double sided tape?

But a set of those Command hooks, with them you'll get the adhesive patches, they are as strong as glue but when you are finished with the arrangement you pull on a tab at one end and the patch unsticks, might be just the thing you need.

EnterNow wrote: »
    Is that the clear cube from Adverts? Looks pretty cool, is it chipped too? As for a non permanent solution, some kind of double sided tape?

Yeah that's the one. It's not chipped though, just a different casing. It's nice when it's powered on, I'll stick a picture up in a bit to show you.

• Advertisement

Sorry for gigantic pix, taken with my Nikon. Once I figure out how to secure the Gameboy Player to the console I'll be happy. For now I guess it's fine because it sits neatly on top anyway.

Gamecube_zps332a741e.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Something slick looking about the GameCube, handle an all. Neat and compact too, great machine. Best controller ever too (known fact :P).

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Something slick looking about the Game cube....... Best controller ever too (known fact :P).

Nooooooooooo!

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Something slick looking about the GameCube, handle an all. Neat and compact too, great machine. Best controller ever too (known fact :P).

It's in my top 3. I love the design of the Dreamcast, that's no.1 No.2 is the Super Nintendo (PAL version) and then it's the Gamecube.

EDIT: Actually, the Multi-Mega Sega CD is probably my no.1 :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Gotta agree with Gamecube controller. If they kept the design and added a L1 button and replaced the c stick with the same stick as the left one that... that could be life changing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Augmerson wrote: »
    It's in my top 3. I love the design of the Dreamcast, that's no.1 No.2 is the Super Nintendo (PAL version) and then it's the Gamecube.

EDIT: Actually, the Multi-Mega Sega CD is probably my no.1 :p

Much prefer the US Snes. Like the look of the nes top loader as well. Multi mega is cool though, wish I had one.
    Ugliest has to be the PS2!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,388 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Much prefer the US Snes. Like the look of the nes top loader as well. Multi mega is cool though, wish I had one.
    Ugliest has to be the PS2!

The PS2 is nowhere near as ugly as the US Snes and the NES top loader :p

You mad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

The original PS2 looks like what'd happen if you asked a man in 1978 what the future would look like.

Given its Monolith like proportions I'd say that it is more like what Clarke and Kubrick thought alien tech would look like!
    "My God, it's full of stars (and an emotion engine) "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Just found a small handful of GBA games that I didn't know had. Nothing really good buried in there though.

o1s1n wrote: »
    The PS2 is nowhere near as ugly as...

Ah man cmon, its soul shakingly ugly no matter what console you compare it against :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement