Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Keep Calm And Discuss Retro Generally!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,388 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

It's a bit of a cult classic, I'm sure it's worth something.

Did a search on ebay ended auctions and didn't come across any though :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Dr Bob wrote: »
    Heres a question
    Factory sealed copy of alundra 2 on ps1.. worth anything?, or a trade for a bagatayto item?

there's a BIN on ebay of £28 plus postage, so unlikely to be any more than that

if I were putting it on madverts (do you see what I did there?) I'd start somewhere around €40 mark to allow for haggling.

Master of the Universe

Item location:
    Beijing, China

Somehow I wouldn't trust the seal on that! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

o1s1n wrote: »
    Ah right :(

To avoid those issues, this is what I tend to do.

Someone pays me money via paypal -> extracted from paypal to my bank account ASAP
    If I then want to send a payment via paypal ->payment sent via credit card

At no point would I trust paypal to have my money sitting in their account with no links to anything else. Have heard far too many horror stories of them freezing accounts...and now yours to add to it too! :(

Yeah, will probably do something like that from now on. Just didn't want the bank,to,know how much I impulsively spend and how excessive it can be at times. :pac:

Me looking for something from the bank:

Bank Person: €180 on a old Super Nintendo game?

Me: Come on! It was Earthbound.

Bank Person: I love you, have money for whatever.

Actually now that I play out the scenario as it would unfold, I can see that it can only be a good thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

if I were putting it on madverts (do you see what I did there?) I'd start somewhere around €40 mark to allow for haggling.
    cheers lads, for the life iof me couldnt find that one , found a sealed J one for 40, and a sealed US one for 80.. I'll probably stick it up on adverts later in the week.
    (so currently my sealed collection consists of this and a copy of Fisher Price Rescue Heroes on the PS1..which I'm hanging onto in case my son or daughter wants to play it;))

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Here's a decent summary of the Xbox One info as it stands currently, link. Most is already known but a few interesting bits I hadn't heard;

Less than 500GB for the lifetime of the console to store Blu-ray size games, DLC, movies and anything else you download:
    Xbox One system software uses a significant amount of storage; less internal storage will be available to users.

Bad enough Kinect has to be permanently attached but now it's permanently listening too? Feck that!
    you also can't turn off Kinect's microphone, says hardware program manager John Link (via Polygon). It's always listening.

At least other members of the family can share games on the same console:
    you can only share games if your accounts are on the same console and parental controls are set up to do so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Dr Bob wrote: »
    (so currently my sealed collection consists of this and a copy of Fisher Price Rescue Heroes on the PS1..which I'm hanging onto in case my son or daughter wants to play it;))

could be worse, I've got two sealed copies of Tarzan gathering dust.

Master of the Universe

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Here's a decent summary of the Xbox One info as it stands currently, link. Most is already known but a few interesting bits I hadn't heard;

Less than 500GB for the lifetime of the console to store Blu-ray size games, DLC, movies and anything else you download:

Bad enough Kinect has to be permanently attached but now it's permanently listening too? Feck that!

At least other members of the family can share games on the same console:

I don't want to come across as a whacko conspiracy nut but this whole Kinect permanently on with a mic (and possibly a camera?) sounds way too Orwellian for my liking.

I'm one of those rare people in this modern digital age who enjoys their privacy and isn't willing to give it away on a whim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I dunno, I'll have to wait and see the new xbox actually up and running before I make a decision. No doubt here in Ireland we'll get less features of it as opposed to the UK and other countries. I'm a big fan of the 360 and TBH it takes up the majority of my gaming time these days so it'd be a shame (for me anyway) if the xbox one is poop.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,036 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Having a howler of a day today with regards to retro gaming.

Actually managed to get some games in Rage that weren't overpriced. Got Goof Troop, Pop n'Twinbee and Super Alester for the SNES. Weird thing was I got Goof Troop and Pop n'Twinbee for 12.95 each but they also had the same games priced 24.95 there as well.

Anyway I try Super Aleste. Music sounds funny, too fast. ****ing PAL optimised.

Next Pop n'Twinbee. This game is for PAL systems only, wonderful.

Next Goof Troop. Works fine except it looks disgusting, the mosaic pattern I had with the Megadrive is back.

Now I'm panicking because I think the Megadrive RGB cable might have damaged my TV. I try the PAL N64 s-video cable. Looks fine but over bright. Try the PS2 in RGB and it looks fine. So the s-video cable I got for my NTSC N64 is just a piece of **** and I hadn't noticed until now because I was playing dark games. Then I tried the Gamecube RGB cable (was too lazy to get it from the attic). Works perfect but way too bright. Seems I modded it for the PAL SNES, wonderful.

So there's my lesson learned, don't cheap out on cheap cables people.

Might have a copy of Super Aleste to trade and need to get a SNES modded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

****ing love nostalgia critic :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Achilles wrote: »
    Seems the girl I bought that Saturn off is a bit of an exhibitionist...

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/carolli_collector/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

Combined shipping?... :pac:

Seems the girl I bought that Saturn off is a bit of an exhibitionist...

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/carolli_collector/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

:eek: could do with a trim by the look of it lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Do my eyes deceive, or am I actually looking at someone trying to flog used underwear?

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Do my eyes deceive, or am I actually looking at someone trying to flog used underwear?

Your eyes do not decieve.

I don't care I sniped a Sega Saturn at a tenner to replace my dilapidated unit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

.......................Sorry, my mind went somewhere else with that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I ordered stuff from Neo Legend last thrusday and I was thinking its taking a while to get here. Just got an email saying they cancelled the order, because i didny pay (which I did) or they didnt have stock

Ok fair enough, but late and pissed off about that but they didnt even refund me my money. Just opened a paypal dispute

Whats a good places to order a Jamma connector?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

FrancoB.

Costs more than the €10 yokes on eBay but those things are only fit for the bin anyway. Would you trust your stuff on one of those or spend an extra €20 on a hand-made, proper yoke from yer man with the thingies? :)

its just the socket I need, sorry

One of these lads

$%28KGrHqYOKj!E1tSVUi%28FBNq62RlW+g~~_35.JPG?set_id=880000500F

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

Retr0gamer wrote: »

...Actually managed to get some games in Rage that weren't overpriced. Got Goof Troop, Pop n'Twinbee and Super Alester for the SNES. Weird thing was I got Goof Troop and Pop n'Twinbee for 12.95 each but they also had the same games priced 24.95 there as well...

Happens all the time in there, they don't know what stock they have and pretty much make the prices up as and when they get stuff. Its such a shame.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

That's been posted here before!
    But it is still pretty cool.
    Love to see a level of the game playable in some regard.
    Pretty neat.

Hmm,
    I wonder if they could get Panzer Dragoon running on a MD!
    Oh no....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Yeah seen that before, possibly on here - impressive stuff

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I just had a thought......

Regarding the idea of the Xbox One and trade ins!

Assuming the model of ownership of Xbox One games will be more that the "owner" will really own permission to use software as long as their account decrees?
    Is it possible that a user can relinquish rights to a game upon trading it in, allowing a third party to buy and link it to new hardware?
    It would require trust on the part of the new owner to be sure, but it should be easily possible.
    Just some sort of opt out, "No, I do not wish to retain permission to play this game with my account" click it and, all your DLC, saves and patches can remain if you like but you won't have the game to play anymore without buying it again.
    It might require the likes of Game and Gamestop to then use the servers and a local player to formally end the link between a traded in game and any linked account.
    The game would then be free to be sold and the likes of MS would have revenue stream, especially if they charge a sum for the equipment to perform the function and a small sum for each disconnected game, which would be passed onto Johnny Consumer....
    Hmmm, might be onto something, Patent it quick!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

I think they're planning a system where you can sell games, but it will all be done via xbox live. They want to cut out Gamestop from the equation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

DinoRex wrote: »
    I think they're planning a system where you can sell games, but it will all be done via xbox live. They want to cut out Gamestop from the equation.

Be interesting to see the trade in values. Might be better than gamestop :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,832 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I don't think it's an inherently bad thing to tie games to an account - Steam have being doing it for a decade without complaint. I do want to hear the definitive explanation of how it will be executed though. All down to the little details, though, especially what will happen when the game or console is no longer supported (actually, that's a big thing, isn't it?).

Have to admit anything that sticks it to GameStop's deplorable is IMO a good thing.

• Advertisement

what will happen when the game or console is no longer supported (actually, that's a big thing, isn't it?)

Definitely the big concern for me, & why I always buy physical media where possible. There dropping of support for a consoles online marketplace, coupled with high failure rates of consoles these days, means you could potentially lose your console & library of digital content & never be able to retrieve it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,036 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I don't think it's an inherently bad thing to tie games to an account - Steam have being doing it for a decade without complaint. I do want to hear the definitive explanation of how it will be executed though. All down to the little details, though, especially what will happen when the game or console is no longer supported (actually, that's a big thing, isn't it?).

I know it's like Steams DRM but I don't see it giving the benefits that steam does which is why we put up with it. With steam your games are playable online and off, you can access it from any PC, there's more security there that your games won't disappear once the servers are shut down and user generated content.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

I don't think it's an inherently bad thing to tie games to an account - Steam have being doing it for a decade without complaint.

And it really saves on shelf space. Instead of a heap of old smelly carts and discs I can get anyway with a PostIt with my ID scrawled on it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Well you can buy a good EDAC one from Farnell for about €15 if you like :) But a generic Ebay one will be just as good if fitted and used correctly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

And it really saves on shelf space. Instead of a heap of old smelly carts and discs I can get anyway with a PostIt with my ID scrawled on it :D

:eek: leave this place and never come back! :P

:eek: leave this place and never come back! :P

You promise? :D

Finally finished Dark Souls last night.

Put about 78 hours into it, pretty sure I got all the bosses though.

Now to start all over again with a different character build.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Project x zone demo up now on the 3ds store

Was very fun

Cant wait for it now :D

Donkey country returns 3D tomorrow as well, getting it for a sweet 30 euro :cool:

Could you plug a WiiU into the Xbox One's hdmi input and have an xbox overlay on your WiiU?

• Advertisement

cloud493 wrote: »
    Donkey country returns 3D tomorrow as well, getting it for a sweet 30 euro :cool:

How?
    And is there any point in my buying it, given I have it for the Wii?

DinoRex wrote: »
    Could you plug a WiiU into the Xbox One's hdmi input and have an xbox overlay on your WiiU?

my-head-hurts.jpg

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    How?
    And is there any point in my buying it, given I have it for the Wii?

6 new levels I think.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    6 new levels I think.

And an extra dimension

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

EnterNow wrote: »
    And an extra dimension

Dimension X?

I just tried the project x demo. No idea what was going on or what I was doing. Not for me.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Dimension X?

Didn't they get to number 1 with "Baby I want Your Love Thing!"?

Well you can buy a good EDAC one from Farnell for about €15 if you like :) But a generic Ebay one will be just as good if fitted and used correctly.

Well cheaper than Neo Legend. They want €18.50 to post an edge connector. You could fit it in an envelope! ebay here I come

cloud493 wrote: »
    I just tried the project x demo. No idea what was going on or what I was doing. Not for me.

The two games it's based on weren't very good so not holding out too much hope for it.

• Advertisement

EnterNow wrote: »
    "Baby I want Your Love Thing!"?

Sounds like an Atavan pick up line! ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement