Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Keep Calm And Discuss Retro Generally!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,036 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

o1s1n wrote: »
    I see XXX rated Retr0 generated Rift software in production by the end of the week :pac:

How'd you find it? Still no sign of my one! :(

Disconcerting. We tried the rollercoaster one. Your eyes are telling you are moving but your brain is saying you aren't. For the rollercoaster one it worked really well.

Have to say I'm really impressed by it. Only big problem is the low resolution but that will be fixed by the production model.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭Steve X2

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,036 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Wow even ****tier then.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Wow even ****tier then.

Well something like that is not aimed at people like us. But for someone looking for some retro action on the cheap (SD card support seems possible) its possible a nice little system (if tacky as hell looking). At least with an actual OS on there you can play with some settings and filters (CRT etc) to make it look a little more authentic on an LCD (which is what most non serious retro players will have).

Because of course we all have CRT displays for our retro games here, right?? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,387 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

DinoRex wrote: »

Sad, but with the Ps4 around the corner they probably want to hold off.

MAd to think there was no team ico game on the ps3. Reminds me of how the Saturn never got a proper Sonic geme.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Sad, but with the Ps4 around the corner they probably want to hold off.

MAd to think there was no team ico game on the ps3. Reminds me of how the Saturn never got a proper Sonic geme.

Worst console ever! Lol couldn't resist. :p

Crap news about TLG. Anyone know what the history is behind all the delays? Sony stick their beak too far into the decision making process? Or was the PS3 just not powerful enough to realise the ambition?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

skip to 3:20 (note that Sega had announced a $399 price tag for the Saturn about 2 hours before)

• Advertisement

Beat Asura's Wrath and can say I thoroughly enjoyed it. One thing though I'd recommend getting the DLC for the final 4 chapters. Yes it's a dick move by Capcom to have the real ending as DLC but the last 4 chapters were superb and the ending was far more satisfying. Just ignore the 11.5 and 15.5 episode DLC. They weren't so good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

That's not the DLC with the Akuma/Ryu stuff, is it?

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    That's not the DLC with the Akuma/Ryu stuff, is it?

Nope it's called something like Part IV I think. Well worth getting considering it's so damn good and the game so cheap.

I've not played the Street Fighter DLC but heard it's good although it doesn't fit into the story.

I just got to the bit after the end of the credits. It's hilarious. I won't spoil how bizarre it is :)

Do Mad Catz usually make decent fight sticks?

http://www.engadget.com/2013/06/11/mad-catz-arcade-fightstick/

mad-catz-gamepad2012-03-1600-36-48600.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Steve SI wrote: »
    Do Mad Catz usually make decent fight sticks?

http://www.engadget.com/2013/06/11/mad-catz-arcade-fightstick/

mad-catz-gamepad2012-03-1600-36-48600.jpg

As far as I know they're the top lads for good sticks.

Master of the Universe

I really like the colours/presentation of that stick, looks slick.

• Advertisement

TBH Madcatz don't do much. They make a nice shell and then stick premium sanwa parts into it for their top of the range models. Their own parts aren't that great. What makes them good is that even with their low cost models it's extremely easy to mod in high quality parts.

Kieth Chegwin visits Ocean Software in 1988

(It's not terribly interesting!)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,652 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Kieth Chegwin visits Ocean Software in 1988

(It's not terribly interesting!)

What you can't see is Chegwin getting to shag Maggie Philbin and then chugging a bottle of gin... such are the poor production values of the 1980's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Blindly bid on alot of things last night not expecting to win any of them, and not really caring either way. Ending up winning them all! Damn you ebay, damn you to hell! :(

2197786-buy_all_the_games.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Can anyone please give tips on beating that ****ing spider in megaman x

He moves way too fast and i cannot read his movements :(

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

azbgPpb_700b.jpg

Love it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Ok I'm on holidays in for a week. Barcelona via Brussels incase youre wondering haha

But I just won a gaming package off Carling and wondering what I should do. Is the ps3 package the best in terms of worth? And sell it on? Or should I get the wiiu because I don't have one

What do ye all think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Ok I'm on holidays in for a week. Barcelona via Brussels incase youre wondering haha

But I just won a gaming package off Carling and wondering what I should do. Is the ps3 package the best in terms of worth? And sell it on? Or should I get the wiiu because I don't have one

What do ye all think?

PlayStation 3 500GB Console with Call of Duty Black Ops 2, Turtle Beach PLA Headset, a HDMI Cable and a free Uncharted 3 and Gran Turismo 5: Academy Edition.

Xbox 360 250GB Console with Gears of War: Judgement & Crysis 3

Wii U 32GB Black Console with NintendoLand and ZombiU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

PS3 - Arm yourself with a PS+ account, free games, already a well established library of games for it.

Wii U - No real killer app for this yet, it will come, just not yet.

I'd say go with the PS3

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,652 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I would say now's the best time to sell it all and use the funds to pay for the PS4 you'll be wanting come December!

The actual launch line up for the PS4 is a little underwhelming though.

No one could possibly be excited about a new Killzone game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Agreed, I'd say value wise & games wise, the PS3 would be the way to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

At least you can trade it in if it sucks..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

Eh hello? Get the WiiU, a free one is the only guilt free way to get one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

What valley said :)

Unless you plan on buying a WiiU in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I'd say go for the wii u. With the ps4 coming out loads if people will be selling their ps3's over the coming moths so you should be able to pick one up cheaply enough.

Placed a pre order for animal crossing today. I'll be heading to get it first thing in the morning. I think the last time I pre ordered a game was for GTA San Andreas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Placed a pre order for animal crossing today. I'll be heading to get it first thing in the morning. I think the last time I pre ordered a game was for GTA San Andreas.
    I preordered AC:NL the other day and it was posted yesterday

Sera wrote: »
    I preordered mine the other day and it was posted yesterday

Give me your friend code tomorrow :)

Master of the Universe

I've never played an Animal Crossing game. Worth picking up I take it?

Give me your friend code tomorrow :)
    I'll PM it to you now sure before I forget, all going well it'll be here tomorrow >w<

Definitely. The new one on the 3DS is supposed to be brilliant and is currently one of the best selling games on the system in Japan with 4m sold so far I think. The game definitely becomes a time sink, making sure your town is weed free and all the residents are happy!

Master of the Universe

Weed free? :(

• Advertisement

Weed free? :(

Yes, have to make sure everyone isn't high all the time.

This is probably the most unsurprising and obvious thing you have ever posted Dinorex.
    You should be ashamed of yourself.
    Go to you room and come up with a better statement, one that includes Dinosaurs, monkeys, hats and any combination of the three!

It's not for me. If you don't mind games with not endings like Sim City, the Sims or stuff like that you'll have an absolute ball. It didn't really click with me but I can see how people can love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

But but.. the orange trees. making some money to by that sweet wicker coffee table to complete the set. I always thought It was very like Harvest moon but with customisation and kind of sandboxy. Haven't played either of those games in a long time though.

o1s1n wrote:
    It's not for me. It didn't really click with me
    it wasn't anything like Paca Plus, that's why you didn't enjoy it :pac:
    51087795ccda4d608ec85bf02f706a4f.png

Tom Nook = Scum

• Advertisement

XBox One will only support, wait for it, 21 countries on launch. Even if you import the console your games won't work in that country. If you have to move you'll be locked out of all your games.

Well done Microsoft.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-06-13-poland-and-portugal-not-supported-at-xbox-one-launch-importing-near-ruled-out

I think it's safe to say not many of us will be early adopters of this console.
    Though, given everyone's recent attempts at new console production, a prudent gamer would wait for the first few firmware versions to be released before jumping.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,831 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I was addicted to Animal Crossing on the Gamecube for a couple of months. It became routine to check in for a half hour or more every day. Then my favourite creature moved out for no apparent reason. The sadness was overwhelming for I'd say about 90 seconds until I went fishing for another Coelacanth. Then I missed a few days, and went back and the whole place was covered in horrid weeds. I cleaned it, but something had changed, something weed pulling couldn't fix. A few days became weeks, weeks became months, months became a half decade. I imagine my town is now effectively a rainforest, a Tom Nook infested rainforest. Now I can't even make eye contact with Animal Crossing such is the deep, deep shame.

Also, Fez 2 announced. No word on Borderline Racist Attack on the Japanese Games Industry 2 yet. Fingers crossed!

Still no sign of Fire Warrior 2 then??

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement