Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creatine

Options
  • 12-07-2012 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Is there any value in taking something like creatine every second month or is it something you have to take every month

Trevor

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭Squatman

take it in 8 week cycles! should say dosage on label.

alternatively you could google it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

It's in food anyway so you'll be ingesting small amounts of it all the time if you're eating meat.

Cycling on and off it is a good thing.

Supplemented creatine doesn't agree with me to be honest so I stopped taking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

I've nothing against cycling it although there is no evidence to support this.

Cycling came about back when it first launched in the early 90's for one simple reason it made it more complicated to take.

By making it complicated with a loading phase and maintenance phase and off phase the customer had to think more about what they were doing etc.

What I do with creatine atm is add it to my intra drink:

I have 7g creatine, 15g l-glutamine, 15g bcaa and 8g of a pre/probiotic, digestive enzyme mix. 45g total in 250mls robinsons lemon and 750mls water.

I would use this 5 days a week and if not training don't bother making it up.

If I were in the gym more often I would take Monday-Saturday and take Sunday off all supps and go again on Monday - no science behind this just personal preference. :)

Advertisement