Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't find back links

Options
  • 12-07-2012 6:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am having a strange issue with a site. Open site explorer and Alexa are reporting that this site has over 100 back links from different domains yet I can't find the back link or any reference to the site in question on these sites.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

martyoo wrote: »
    Hi all,

I am having a strange issue with a site. Open site explorer and Alexa are reporting that this site has over 100 back links from different domains yet I can't find the back link or any reference to the site in question on these sites.

Alexa is ****e. Don't take anything it says seriously - if you want proof just compare your site analytics to what Alexa is reporting. The only thing it's useful for is spotting fake web professionals - they're the ones who'll be quoting Alexa stats (that dig is not aimed at you btw.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

^^^ this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭martyoo

Thanks cormee.

Point taken but SEOMoz's Open Site Explorer is reporting the same and that tool is prity well trusted as far as I know.

I just used Alexa because I though there was a bug with the Open Site Explorer.

Well I found the problem. Basically OSE and the other back link tools were out of date.

The site in question had been using a dodgy SEO company who had their website link plastered all over their network of spammy websites and blogs.

Once they stopped paying them they removed them from their network.

Thanks sh*tty SEO company! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

Name and shame the website..

• Advertisement

Name and shame the website..

justsearch.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 4 3dSoftology

Did you try www . backlinkfinder . com it can be helpful

Advertisement