Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry Reynolds Road, Balbriggan

Options
  • 12-07-2012 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Just thought I'd make everyone on here aware that Fingal County Council have temporarily implemented a one way system on the road which serves the main business area of the town (they didn't see fit to publish any notice in advance in any newspaper). :rolleyes:

So just to say - all up here are still open for business (via a diversion if coming from the Stephenstown roundabout, turning right at the Chapel Street/Harry Reynolds Road junction).

They advise us that all should be back to normal by mid-august.

Regards,
    Richard, Quality Print Direct
    (just moved into the former Ring Road Cafe last week... doh)

p.s. please also support Jaffa Cafe and all companies in Fingal Bay & Balbriggan Business Park

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Unless it is for emergency repair work printed notice in advance is mandatory.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭NorthDub

think i saw something about it on balbriggan,net the other day but i do agree, it wasnt very well publicised

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

Fingal County council were also responsible for another traffic mess yesterday when one of their idiot drivers in a tipper wrecked the side of an Audi a4 at the credit union junction, Most of the town backed up due to this yesterday around 3.30 ish...The driver looked like Cletus from the Simpsons when he was trying to "direct" the traffic..

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭qpd

Unless it is for emergency repair work printed notice in advance is mandatory.

At a meeting with them yesterday... apparently they were not obliged to publish notices as they are defined as 'planned emergency works' :)
    I would have remained at previous address until works were completed if I had known anything about them in advance.
    Hopefully my little start-up enterprise will survive this otherwise back to the dole with little old me!

WTH is "planned emergency works" anyway?:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Fingal County council were also responsible for another traffic mess yesterday when one of their idiot drivers in a tipper wrecked the side of an Audi a4 at the credit union junction, Most of the town backed up due to this yesterday around 3.30 ish...The driver looked like Cletus from the Simpsons when he was trying to "direct" the traffic..

What a stupid post.

1. How can FCC be responsible for the actions of one individual?
    2. Do you have any proof that the accident was in fact caused by the truck and not the car driver?
    3. Accidents do happen in the real world.
    4. To call the driver an idiot is just, well, idiotic.
    5. The way the driver looks is totally irrelevant.
    6. I'm sure "directing traffic" is not part of his job description and that he would've had no training in it either.

A bit more patience goes a long way you know...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

T-Maxx wrote: »
    What a stupid post.

1. How can FCC be responsible for the actions of one individual?
    2. Do you have any proof that the accident was in fact caused by the truck and not the car driver?
    3. Accidents do happen in the real world.
    4. To call the driver an idiot is just, well, idiotic.
    5. The way the driver looks is totally irrelevant.
    6. I'm sure "directing traffic" is not part of his job description and that he would've had no training in it either.

A bit more patience goes a long way you know...

:rolleyes:

A friend of mine works on the council, she confirmed to me that it was their fault, it was very clear it was anyway. And what sort of person needs training to direct cars around an incident? :rolleyes: ...maybe you do. I would have no problem doing it myself...training...iv heard it all now.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

TRAINING? WTF?

Cant be doing that without getting paid a training fee for it.

Thats it, were on strike over this traffic directing training, if you want us to direct traffic make us gardai.

IMPACT and UNITE strike on the way.

Meanwhile back at the road works, its now July 2013 and still a 1 way system whilst the traffic directing tribunal grumbles on....

:D

Good news... road is back open again in both directions for next few weeks (builders holidays)

Harry Reynolds Road has just reopened to traffic in both directions...
    time to start planning the official opening of the new premises!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

There has been a sign up in the church car park at the rat run exit for a few weeks about this and also just at the church stating the road would be closed from 7th August. I missed the first closure as I was away on holidays. Glad the road is re-open anyway.

qpd Good luck with your buisness. I just the shutters down this morning and thought how are they going to manage with these works.

P.M on the way on the way to you qpd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

Does anyone know what works are going on at the junction of the graveyard?

There is a mini digger there with Siac and M1 Swords written on it.

Are they eventually putting the free flow left turn in?

EDIT: It's more than likely this http://www.etenders.gov.ie/search/show/search_view.aspx?ID=APR328755

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Does anyone know if the roadworks are finished on the Harry Reynolds Road?
    I hope not, because it is an absolute disgrace the condition the road is left in.

Advertisement