Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need advice- please help

Options
  • 12-07-2012 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi Guys,

Ok here are the facts:
    • Ordered a pair of shoes from a business on Facebook called Crystal Closet (was recommended by a friend) on the 18th of May 2011
    • Sent a Postal Order to the value of €150 for the shoes. Subsequently received an email to let me know she had received the PO and I should receive my shoes within 10 days
    • I did not receive the shoes within the 10 days and was unable to contact her on FB
    • I went on holidays in June and by July she had reappered on FB so I sent her a mail to say I had still not received the shoes.
    • She replied apologising saying she may have made and error and would order and send me another pair asap. I accepted this graciously, human error.
    • Again she disappears a few weeks later from FB so I feel pretty much like I've lost the money
    • She re appears in November I send her a mail to inform her I would take it further if she did not give me back my money- she blocked me.
    • Fast forward to July 2012 and she has reappeared like nothing happened I contact her again and she emails to say she accepts I did not receive the shoes and will send me a new pair or offer me a credit note.
    • I am beyond annoyed at this, after a whole year I believe I should be given back my money for a product I paid for but never received!
    • She is refusing point blank to send me my money and will only offer me a credit note to spend with her.
    So, what can I do? Is it worthwhile going to small claim court with this?
    Or should I just pick a different pair of shoes :mad:

I have her full name and address also.

I'm furious and currently 9 months pregnant and a new pair of shoes is the last thing I have on my mind, I want my money back!

Any advice really appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

What you can do depends very much on where the shop is located. The SCC is only effective if the retailer is under it's jurisdiction, i.e. located in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 RetailChick

It's not a shop, she runs the business :rolleyes: from her house in Kilkenny?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Don't buy anything online unless you can pay for it using a credit card. Submit a SmCC claim - it's €25 but at least you'll get your money back.

Lesson learnt! I usually never would but a friend of mine recommended her, she got a rocket off me aswell!

So do you think I would be succesful then with a claim in SCC? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭E.T.

There's "louboutins" featured on her site, but going by the price they're fake. The main photo on the page looks pretty impressive but google image says it's from Selfridges in London! Not inspiring much confidence so far.

It might be worth contacting her to say you'd like to give her one last chance to refund you before you go to the SCC. Might save you hassle.

• Advertisement

Thanks guys. I've just sent her another email there but I'm not holding our much hope. She seems to be a bit of a wagon!!

I've pasted the emails between us since the other night. I do have other FB mails. I've deleted our email addresses.

<SNIP>
    Please do not post email conversations without the permission of the other party.

Tell her to produce Proof of delivery or you'll see her in the Small Claims Court.

Also let her know that you will be checking the various authorities (Company's house, revenue and the benefits fraud department) to make sure there are no irregularities there either. Point out that if she ignores the Small Claims Court there will be bailiff sent round.

She can't be a registered business or she'd know that saying No refunds is an offense in itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 StevenGerrard

Is she dosn't Refund you take her to the small claims court. Or even call the guards as she took your money for a product you didnt get them so she in my opinion is stealing your money

Thanks very much I'll do that. She is guaranteed to come back to me with a no. TBH it's not even the money that's bothering me, I'd written it off until she popped back up it's her attitude that's pi**ing me off :mad:

thought you lot had her address?

• Advertisement

thought you lot had her address?

What?:confused:

I think a comment has been deleted. Someone else was moaning about this woman. Did you get it sorted OP?

Not yet as I just gave birth 4 days ago :D

Will be starting the ball rolling for SCC in a week or so. If anyone has any advice on getting started that would be great?

Congrats!

Well delaying isn't a good idea - it can all be done online just go to http://www.courts.ie/courts.ie/Library3.nsf/PageCurrentWebLookUpTopNav/Small%20Claims%20Procedure

Thanks for that.

Thanks for that.

Delaying - beyond having sprogs I mean :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Niamh kennedy

Hi there
    I did post before but for some reason it was deleted. I appear to have had the same experience as yourself with Crystal Closet. I did successfully buy a pair of shoes and in fact changed them without too much difficulty. However when I sent a pair back in exchange for a bag the fun began! Lots of delays and then the last message I got from her was that customs got her stuff and she would have to get the stock resent. Since then she has disappeared and blocked my messages. I find it so dreadful as only recently she was seeking support for a charity fashion show in aid of barnardos. maybe she will reappear as she did for you. Have left messages on her website in the hope that others don't get treated the same way. Maybe customs has caught up with her in a big way! Have you had a reply from her? Aside from this nonsense I hope motherhood is treating you well. :)

Advertisement