Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for info on Waterford Crystal Soccer memorabilia

Options
  • 12-07-2012 7:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭

This young lady, new to boards, has a question that I'm sure someone can help her with.
    Hi, Got no idea where to post this and cos i'm new Boards wont let me post on a soccer thread! I need some info and after looking around here I came across this page and it seems to be the only page it will let me post on.......Hope someone may be able to help.
    In 1968 Waterford United played against Man U. at Lansdown road as I'm sure a lot of you guys on here are aware. My question is about a Waterford crystal soccer boot that was made for and presented to George Best by Shay Brennan to commemorate the game. Its inscribed, tho I'm not sure of the exact wording right now. Does anyone know anything about this? Or where I might get some information about it? I've searched around the net with no success!
    Anyway if you can help in any way it would be great! If not no worries,
    Thanks a lot

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭jad2007

Hi There,

I would suggest calling into Ryans shoe repair on Patrick St. The guy there sells Waterford UTD match programs and has been involved with the club for donkeys years. Hope that helps

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Ill contact the club, we did their website for them and host it. Fairly sure some of them are on Boards, but just in case its not noticed. Might help! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

My father was at it and worked for Waterford Crystal while being associated with the club. I'll ask him does he know anything about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

I seem to remember my dad telling me that Shay opened a courier business after retiring, so a quick google brought up Shay Brennan Courier. No harm in calling them at 051-376973 and see what you can find.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Waterfgal

gscully wrote: »
    I seem to remember my dad telling me that Shay opened a courier business after retiring, so a quick google brought up Shay Brennan Courier. No harm in calling them at 051-376973 and see what you can find.
    For some reason I'm autobanned....... why? I'm not sure how this boards works!

• Advertisement

But it seems to be letting me post...... I'm confused! Thanks for the reply's!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Waterfgal wrote: »
    For some reason I'm autobanned....... why? I'm not sure how this boards works!

Abouttobebanned basically started this thread for you. I deleted the thread you started so any relevant replies will all be in here k?

Don't worry about picking it up. In a few weeks you'll be flying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Is this some sick and twisted version of Cinderella?

gscully wrote: »
    Is this some sick and twisted version of Cinderella?

No I'm afraid its not! I am looking for information about this boot. The House of Crystal on the mall have confirmed that it WAS made there, but that's as far as I have gotten!

Advertisement