Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anywhere in town that will record a VHS to a DVD?

Options
  • 12-07-2012 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Want to put an old home movie on a DVD because I haven't seen it in years. Anywhere that does this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭eurokev

think the movie on bandon road by lennoxs chipper do this

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Vivara

Cork Film Services on Washington Street will do it for you:

021 4272919

I've used them many times in the past and they are extremely helpful.

V.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 stolenlaptop

Nice one lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭delos

Vivara wrote: »
    Cork Film Services on Washington Street will do it for you:

021 4272919

I've used them many times in the past and they are extremely helpful.

V.
    Any idea of the cost per copy? Roughly....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Yes If you do get them done will you let us know how much they cost..My mum has loadsa old videos i know she would love to keep

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 stolenlaptop

I have some old home movies of my family which I wanted to put on a dvd. I rang them up and it was €20 for an hour long video and it would be €30 for 2 copies! I think that's a fairly ridiculous price so I'm gonna ask one of my buddies who I think has a machine for it. I'm guessing they charge so much because there's probably few places that can do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭blindsider

Obviously this won't be cost effective for just 1 tape, but if you were looking at a few films and potentially needed a new DVD player, then this might be worth a look....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Toshiba-DVR20-Digital-Recorder-Freeview/dp/B003LO2RIU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1342599475&sr=8-1

It's not cheap (€200-ish), but delivery is included (as it's over £25) so it might be worth looking at......

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

I have some old home movies of my family which I wanted to put on a dvd. I rang them up and it was €20 for an hour long video and it would be €30 for 2 copies! I think that's a fairly ridiculous price so I'm gonna ask one of my buddies who I think has a machine for it. I'm guessing they charge so much because there's probably few places that can do it.

Thats not very expensive sure thats the price youd pay for a new DVD at this stage...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Milly33 wrote: »
    Thats not very expensive sure thats the price youd pay for a new DVD at this stage...

It is a fairly ridiculous price and I haven't paid €20 for a new DVD in about 6-7 years.

You can pick up a capture card for around €10 and do it yourself if you're somewhat comfortable with that sort of stuff. I've done loads for family over the last while.

Advertisement