Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Murphy and Gunn rip off!

• 12-07-2012 7:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭

Right, I needed to get 4 lock nuts replaced with standard BMW bolts. Pretty much my only option for buying them is a main dealer, so I rang Murphy and Gunn and asked them how much they'd charge to remove the old nuts, and pop in new ones...€180 :eek::eek::eek::confused::eek::eek::eek:

I kid you not! 180 quid, to remove 4 bolts and replace them with 4 new ones! I was gobsmacked and asked the guy on the phone if he understood what I was asking him in case he was charging me for something else entirely...but nope.

The bolts were charged at 3 quid each also. So...eh...I didn't let them anywhere near my car!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭Pixied

It doesn't surprise me. I used to work in a car related sector and they were known for being hugely overpriced. We'll see how long they last with that attitude in this climate ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭daddydick

That is absolutely ridiculous!! The sooner people start using their heads and stop paying these extortionate prices the better for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Reb1000

Ye it is a bit ridiculous but if you want the job done right its worth the money and id say if you looked around you would probably see that all dealerships are pretty much around the same price. Murphy & Gunn have a pretty good rep for what they do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Reb1000 wrote: »
    Ye it is a bit ridiculous but if you want the job done right its worth the money and id say if you looked around you would probably see that all dealerships are pretty much around the same price. Murphy & Gunn have a pretty good rep for what they do

Job done right? On what planet can you justifiably charge €180 to remove and replace 4 bolts? Are you one of the mechanics from M&G per chance?

A lot of your posts are in relation to Murphy & Gunn I am noticing, and someone else has questioned your affiliation with them since you have recently joined and are defending them, even on threads that you are dragging up from well over a year ago.... I smell a rat.

Edit: Just noticed the date on this thread now. Another thread dug up from the past defending this company?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,921 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Not the first post he/she has made in response to Murphy and Gunn :/ coincidence

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Also going to the trouble to digging up a 2 year old thread for a bit of weirdly positive publicity seems very obscure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭Senecio

Right, I needed to get 4 lock nuts replaced with standard BMW bolts. Pretty much my only option for buying them is a main dealer, so I rang Murphy and Gunn and asked them how much they'd charge to remove the old nuts, and pop in new ones...€180 :eek::eek::eek::confused::eek::eek::eek:

I kid you not! 180 quid, to remove 4 bolts and replace them with 4 new ones! I was gobsmacked and asked the guy on the phone if he understood what I was asking him in case he was charging me for something else entirely...but nope.

The bolts were charged at 3 quid each also. So...eh...I didn't let them anywhere near my car!

Why not buy them for the 12 quid and do it yourself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Stop posting in old threads people.

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement