Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

interlectual disability nursing

Options
  • 12-07-2012 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Can anyone tell me, what the timetable is like for first year students. Is it Mon-Fri and are they full days 9 through 5pm. I am starting this Sept but hope to keep on a part-time job. Thanks for your help.:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Bazgina

nope the timetable is pretty ok , its not full days all the time..... although ull have placement in nov for 4 weeks , youll have to do 35 hours a week , starting at eight o clock ... choice of shifts.you could do the 8 to quater past 5 , monday to thursday. then you have placement again in April for 4 weeks.plus youll have to do assignments and study etc..... its possible to have a job and do this course ... just need to be very good at time managment. :) im going into 2 nd year and I love the course :) Best of luck in college , settling in can be hard at the start but ul , and placement can seem daunting - but everyone has to start somewhere :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 shannon28

Thanks Bazgina, It is quite scary starting in a new college especially as a mature student. I am glad the hours are not too bad and I may be able to keep my job. I sure hope I enjoy the course aswell, that would be half the battle. Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Bazgina

thats one thing I can say about Ul , support is there . From extra help with science , subjects like physics ( yes theres a small bit for 1 st yr) to help with English (proof reading, how to do an assignment) to the library. theres always someone to help and support learning , even finding a building is very daunting too! Good thing is 90 % of your lectures are in the health science building... youll be fine :) the first time I moved into ul it was my first time there and I waved bye to my parents haha. we all start some where :D

Advertisement