Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice needed on fitness help to lose weight!

Options
  • 12-07-2012 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭

First post in this forum, and I'm asking for advice! :D

So basically, last week I started dieting and working out to try and lose some weight. So far I've lost 5.5lb since the 4th of July which I'm fairly happy with but I'm not sure if I could lose more in a week or should I be happy with that?

I briskly walk 3.5km daily [usually takes about 20 minutes] (except when it rains, then I usually work out inside: push ups, press us, bridges, back lifts and pelvic tilts basically..).

I'm basically living on fruit and vegetables with chicken/turkey breasts, and drinking a few litres of water every day. I live too far away from a gym to join one right now, but I'm moving for college in September so can join one properly there and work out properly, but for now does anyone have any tips?

Thanks a lot

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭eaglebhoy

Well so far so good I say !

I can tell you you're flying and 5.5lbs is a huge weight loss for a week and that a heatlhy average is 1-2 lbs a week. It sounds as though you are doing everything well with your diet just don't be afraid to jazz it up as time goes on or you'll start getting bored of what you eat !

As for exercise you're doing great there too, stick to the brisk walking and try to gradually increase your distance walked or length of time walked as you get stronger !

Walking is great if you enjoy it as it is low impact and so it's easy on your joints and for recovery purposes meaning you can walk very frequently week by week :D

I walk 4 miles in about an hour myself from Mon - Fri and then enjoy a guilt free weekend break and intend to keep it up as I get older !

That's another good thing about walking that it's easy to continue with as you get auld like me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

eaglebhoy wrote: »
    Well so far so good I say !

I can tell you you're flying and 5.5lbs is a huge weight loss for a week and that a heatlhy average is 1-2 lbs a week. It sounds as though you are doing everything well with your diet just don't be afraid to jazz it up as time goes on or you'll start getting bored of what you eat !

As for exercise you're doing great there too, stick to the brisk walking and try to gradually increase your distance walked or length of time walked as you get stronger !

Walking is great if you enjoy it as it is low impact and so it's easy on your joints and for recovery purposes meaning you can walk very frequently week by week :D

I walk 4 miles in about an hour myself from Mon - Fri and then enjoy a guilt free weekend break and intend to keep it up as I get older !

That's another good thing about walking that it's easy to continue with as you get auld like me :)

Thanks a lot, some great tips there! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭eaglebhoy

Cheers ! You're very welcome :D

Advertisement