Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "Matthew Corbett" series

Options
  • 12-07-2012 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭

Has anyone else read any of the books from this series?,or am I the only one?:D
    Its a highly entertaining series set in colonial america revolving around the adventures of the said Matthew Corbett,a judges clerk who progresses from amateur "problem solver" to end up working for the prestigious Herald Agency.IMO this is a top notch series ,but I would be interested to hear other peoples opinions.

While number 4 has only been published,McCammon in a recent interview said it will be a ten book series.

stn_32_tpb_final_f_s.jpg queen_25_hc_s.jpg ms_06_plan_s.jpg rider_10_hc_s.jpg

http://www.matthewcorbettsworld.com/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Did you mean to post this in the Reading Logs section? :)

(On topic: nope, never heard of it!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

Did you mean to post this in the Reading Logs section? :)

No.:(

just after I posted,sent pm to forum mods asking them to move to literature

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Robert & Paddy sittin' in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

Robert & Paddy sittin' in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G.

Why don't you join us ,you might like it:D

Start with Speaks the Nightbird

McCammon is huge in the states,and there lots of online debate about him versus king.I'm just surprised that he not so well known here in Ireland.Personally I reckon this series is going to be massive.

Good review here of his latest,although I would'nt consider it to be Horror.
    I a little ashamed to admit that I was late to the works of Robert McCammon (and honestly Horror in general). I mean, what kind of reader worth his weight in books hasn't read McCammon? I was a member of that downtrodden and sad club until a few years ago when I found an excerpt on the Subterranean Press website of a novel titled MISTER SLAUGHTER. If that title doesn't grab your attention, then you should probably go back to reading emasculated sparkly vampires.

That day changed the way I read Horror. It was a Alternate Historical Horror following a "Problem Solver", Matthew Corbett as he embarked on a manhunt to find a vicious killer. There was nothing supernatural about the story other than the way it sucked me in and refused to let me go. I then went back and read SPEAKS THE NIGHTBIRD and THE QUEEN OF BEDLAM. These novels cemented, to me, the notion that Robert McCammon not only was one of the best writers of Horror ever, but one of the best writers of any genre.

http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.ie/2012/07/providence-rider.html

Advertisement