Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EBS / ECB INTEREST RATE REDUCTION.

Options
  • 12-07-2012 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I am a mortgage holder with EBS and I am unhappy with their dithering about whether to pass on the .25% reduction allowed by the ECB last week. I understand that they are losing money on the tracker mortgages they had provided in the past (currently at 1.25%). My mortgage rate is currently 4.33% (variable).

These parasitic bankers are really starting to irritate me. God knows that we are all feeling the pinch right now, but really EBS, enough is enough!!

I am lucky enough to have a few quid put away in an EBS savings account but in all honesty if they do not pass on the ECB reduction I will close my savings account. If possible I will also move my mortgage to another bank, that is if other banks are accepting transfer of mortgages (I believe it is highly unlikely).

This is a call out to any other EBS mortgage account holders. We can inflict pain in greater numbers. Let the parasites know that we will not tolerate their greed any longer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

How are you suggesting you give pain in numbers? Not very clear. Do you want everyone to move their savings out or everyone move their mortgage out. The latter is not going to happen for obvious reasons.

Advertisement