Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Booking Night Trains for Interrailing

• 12-07-2012 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

Hi all,

Going interrailing in August, myself and my boyfriend, and we're planning on taking two night trains, one from Warsaw to Vienna and then another from Vienna to Venice.
    Any websites I've looked at advise advance booking for night trains and I'm just wondering can anyone give me advice on the best way to reserve these? There are a few websites where you can book reservations but they charge a lot for postage/booking fees, ditto with call centres. Also finding it difficult to actually see how much extra these reservations are going to cost.
    Can anyone who has been interrailing before tell me the best way of going about booking these trains? Will we be safe enough waiting and going to the train station on the day? Or should we not risk it?

Also, would people advise paying the extra for a couchette or just sticking with a normal seat?

Any advice is much appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭rob w

Took some night trains in eastern Europe last year, just booked a few days in advance whenever I arrived in the city....it was really cheap, think it was around 30e for a couchette, (comfy enough but kinda cramped) but I think it will prob be a bit dearer for the cities you wanna go between, but nowhere near as expensive as buying online now, those websites seem to be a bit of a ripoff.

If I was you I would just book as you go there's no shortage of trains and it's better that way because you may change your mind about where you want to go or how long you want to stay and it's nice not to have to stick to a tight schedule!!! :D

Enjoy the trip :)

Advertisement