Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huge Fibre Pilot account problems

Options
  • 12-07-2012 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,000 ✭✭✭✭

Seems they never shut down our old account or switched our phone number to the new line, we are also owed a fair bit for paying on our old account for the past few months, and just had our broadband cutoff tonight any help would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭eircom: James

VinLieger wrote: »
    Seems they never shut down our old account or switched our phone number to the new line, we are also owed a fair bit for paying on our old account for the past few months, and just had our broadband cutoff tonight any help would be greatly appreciated

Hi VinLieger,

Have been checking this out for you. I don't have the exact figures yet but I can confirm you are due some credits on this one. Also, the broadband disconnection is simply due to a mix up with payments. You have been paying the bills, just into the old landline account rather than the new fibre account number. I will sort this out for you as quickly as I can. Will post here again once I do the calculations and get the broadband up and running.

Regards

James

• Registered Users Posts: 18,000 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Brilliant, the broadband is up and running again after i made a call this morning, they just rang me back and told me you were taking charge of it, thanks for the help :)
    My main concern now is making sure we keep our phone number as the fibre is currently coming in on an old phone line we have never used with a different number on it

Brilliant, the broadband is up and running again after i made a call this morning, they just rang me back and told me you were taking charge of it, thanks for the help :)
    My main concern now is making sure we keep our phone number as the fibre is currently coming in on an old phone line we have never used with a different number on it

Hi again,

Cheers for taking my call earlier. Have gotten a response on this so it looks like I'll be able to resolve on Monday. The only solution according to the technical team is to move the current ph. number (from the old landline account) onto VOIP. This will leave it active with only one account number and we can then close off and backdate the old account. Will give you a buzz Monday morning before we proceed to confirm it with yourself. Apologies again for the mix up but hopefully this will be completely bottomed out early next week.

Regards

James

Hi VinLieger,

Sorry for not getting back to you yesterday, hadn't received any updates so I was chasing it. Good news for now though is we have a resolution to this that should result in minimal downtime for the phone number. Our fibre team decided the easiest and best way to handle this was to issue a migration of the old PSTN line (the number you want to keep) and then when this is active we'll close down the other account. This is the same process as the initial fibre installation. I think they're looking at getting to this tomorrow.

I'll look after any billing issue that need to be sorted out. I'll be getting an update on this later today or early tomorrow to confirm exactly when it will be happening. If you hear anything from a tech or eircom in general let me know here.

Thanks

James

***EDIT: Also, could you PM me the best time someone would be in the house to let the technician in. Any time before about 4pm should be fine. Cheers

Hi only just saw this, yes have been in touch with the technician and am sorting that but have again received another set of bills asking for immediate payment, if you could ring me again tomorrow just so i can ask about them

• Advertisement

Just had the technician out all problems with the phone line have been sorted but will need to be able get in touch with someone tomorrow morning to sort out the remaining account issues

Just had the technician out all problems with the phone line have been sorted but will need to be able get in touch with someone tomorrow morning to sort out the remaining account issues

Hi again,

Had the fibre team on to me this morning. Haven't had a chance to look at billing but will sort out that side of things and give you a buzz to confirm.

Cheers

James

Hi again,

Had the fibre team on to me this morning. Haven't had a chance to look at billing but will sort out that side of things and give you a buzz to confirm.

Cheers

James

It needs to wait till tomorrow as there is now a third circuit involved that wont pop up on your systems till then, or at least thats how the technician explained it

Would be easiest to explain on the phone

Would be easiest to explain on the phone

Have sent you a PM, looks like the technical side is sorted now. In case you don't see the PM, could you send me a mobile contact number so I can get in touch tomorrow to confirm the details.

Thanks

James

• Advertisement
Advertisement