Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life Insurance

Options
  • 12-07-2012 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭

Can anybody recommend a company for Life insurance,

I just want enough to bury me and pay my funeral expenses

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

For a simple death policy they would all be basically the same, get some quotes from a independent financial advisor and they should steer you right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

If you are over 50 and only looking for a relativly small amount of cover, one direct has a product that may suit you www.onedirect.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Liam D Ferguson

If all you're looking for is a policy to pay funeral expenses, make sure that it's a fixed cost policy. Do not under any circumstances start a reviewable cost policy. Such policies start by charging you one rate, but then the cost can be reviewed after 10 years, each subsequent 5 years and when you reach 70 the reviews are every year. Eventually the cost of cover gets so high that it's unaffordable. See also http://fergablog.blogspot.ie/2011/02/reviewable-me-whole-of-life.html

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭skippy2

if this is all you need to cover, could you just not save a little money on a regular basis from whatever income you have instead of paying it to an insurance company. I hope that you do not feel that there is no one that would not cover your funeral expenses in the event of your death. Hopefully it is a long way off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

If you're a member of a credit union they usually include some cover for death in your anual subscription:
    http://www.creditunion.ie/whatweoffer/insurance/deathbenefits/
    What are the benefits?
    The actual amount of insurance benefit may vary from one credit union to the other. The minimum benefit offered is €1,300 in the Republic of Ireland and £1,000stg in Northern Ireland and the maximum is €3,250/£2,500stg respectively. You should check for details of the benefit offered by your credit union.

If you are a member of a participating member, you are eligible for this insurance provided your premium has been paid and you:

Are over 16 years of age. †

Joined the credit union before 70 years of age.

Remained a member of the credit union.

Are or have been eligible for cover under the Life Savings Policy.

It's probably not a lot but it'll help with funeral expenses. Check your credit union for their coverage levels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Kennie1

skippy2 wrote: »
    if this is all you need to cover, could you just not save a little money on a regular basis from whatever income you have instead of paying it to an insurance company. I hope that you do not feel that there is no one that would not cover your funeral expenses in the event of your death. Hopefully it is a long way off.
    That's a great idea if you have family that has a spare 5 to 10K just sitting there gathering dust and if you dont ...then dont even dare think of dieing for another 20 years until you have saved up that tenner a week...you hear me now!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭dricko_lim

if you still need any send me a pm. I work for a broker and will find the best deal for you!

Advertisement