Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung 830 Installation cd

Options
  • 12-07-2012 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

I'm sure it is probably a stupid question but what if anything do I need to install from the cd that comes with the Samsung 830 SSD?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭U_Fig

Gopher77 wrote: »
    I'm sure it is probably a stupid question but what if anything do I need to install from the cd that comes with the Samsung 830 SSD?

it's prob only drivers..i'd always advise to go to the website and download the latest drivers anyway as the ones on the CD could be out of date..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

U_Fig wrote: »
    it's prob only drivers..i'd always advise to go to the website and download the latest drivers anyway as the ones on the CD could be out of date..

No drivers for an SSD :pac:

As far as I know it just has the user manual and Norton Ghost, to transfer files from an older hard drive if you were replacing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭U_Fig

deconduo wrote: »
    No drivers for an SSD :pac:

As far as I know it just has the user manual and Norton Ghost, to transfer files from an older hard drive if you were replacing it.

my bad i mixing it up with firmware updates :D mine came with a firmware update cd

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Gopher77

Yes it does seem to be just Nortonghost the manuals and something called Samsung_Magician_setup whatever that is or does.
    I was under the impression that Windows 7 looked after everything for SSD's automatically, is that correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭-( i )- Wicker

Samsung Magician can automatically disable pagefile/system restore and various other windows services that will take up unnecessary space on your ssd if you select it to.

• Advertisement
Advertisement