Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

does network provider know what type of sim i have?

Options
  • 12-07-2012 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭

I have an iphone 4s mith a micro chip.
    I got a new sim for an iphone 3 and transfered my number to the new sim.

Can my network provider tell from their records that my new sim is not a micro sim and is being used for an iphone 3?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Raladic

How did you transfer your number from one sim to another without the provider involved?

Slightly off topic - but wouldn't it have been easier to just buy a MicroSim adapter for 2 quid?

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭monkey8

Sorry, i could have worded that better!
    my network was involved.
    What i am asking is can a network know from my sim card details whether i am using an iphone 3 or iphone 4s?

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭blaz

monkey8 wrote: »
    Sorry, i could have worded that better!
    my network was involved.
    What i am asking is can a network know from my sim card details whether i am using an iphone 3 or iphone 4s?

Not from the SIM card, but from the IMEI.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Mobile_Equipment_Identity

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭brianb10

blaz wrote: »
    Not from the SIM card, but from the IMEI.

Are you sure about that?
    I'd say that thaey can relate the number on the sim as to whether it is a mini Sim or a micro Sim and hence would know if you are using an iphone 3 or iphone 4???

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭blaz

Yes, they know whether you have a SIM or a MicroSIM. But the iPhone 4 is not the only phone that uses a MicroSIM.

• Advertisement
Advertisement