Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Part- time recruitment

• 12-07-2012 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Full time recruitment has gone to the dogs over the past couple of years and the P.S.N.I, like most public bodies, appear to be strapped for cash.

With this in mind does anyone think that the P.S.N.I will consider opening recruitment for part- time Officers? What are the logistics surrounding this? Is there a need for part- time Officers? Is it likely that they would recruit part time over the next few years?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

I think there is more chance of full time recruitment than part-time.

Remember that part time officers are paid unlike ' Specials ' elsewhere in the UK so the cost saving may not be all that massive. More to the point the Patten commission was critical of the composition of the RUC part-time reserve and ( I think ) the very small number of women in it.

The part time component has been ' running down ' for years from what I can see . In my opinion there are 2 chances of a recruitment campaign at this time for part-time officers - slim and none.

I cannot see a recruitment campaign for part time without something like 50/50 and I doubt anyone wants that can of worms opened again just yet .

Just my opinions of course and I could well be off the mark. Good question to ask.

Advertisement