Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slow home broadband

Options
  • 12-07-2012 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I'm currently paying for 8mb broadband but never get speeds over 1.5Mb. My router reports a downstream speed of 2048Kbps. How do I check that my line has been set up correctly?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 transvestite

Maryru wrote: »
    I'm currently paying for 8mb broadband but never get speeds over 1.5Mb. My router reports a downstream speed of 2048Kbps. How do I check that my line has been set up correctly?

Your line is probably only good for 2 meg broadband. Even tho you are paying for 8 meg they always say *Advertised speed is not guaranteed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Hi Maryru,

Thanks for your post. Can you PM your broadband phone number and I will take a look at your query.

Best wishes,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Maryru

Hi Ant
    You have offered much insight and support, through private messaging, thank you. However, my broadband speed is less than a quarter of the speed that was sold to me as Next Generation Broadband up to 8Mb. I am sending a letter to you by private message to terminate my contract with Eircom and would ask that you please forward it to the relevant area and person to ensure it is acknowlegdged and dealt with as soon as possible. Once again, thank you for your assistance in the above matter.

Kind regards
    Maryru

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Hi Ant
    You have offered much insight and support, through private messaging, thank you. However, my broadband speed is less than a quarter of the speed that was sold to me as Next Generation Broadband up to 8Mb. I am sending a letter to you by private message to terminate my contract with Eircom and would ask that you please forward it to the relevant area and person to ensure it is acknowlegdged and dealt with as soon as possible. Once again, thank you for your assistance in the above matter.

Kind regards
    Maryru

Maryru, Thank you for your PM. I will address this right away and attempt to offer you my best advice. I appreciate your positive comments and understand how you feel.

Will respond by PM.

Kind Regards,
    Ant

Advertisement