Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lol

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Stuck Cone

Lol

Im fcuking fed up of facebook someone i know puts up 100 pictures of her per hour in a bikini in holiday in the far east

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Stuck Cone wrote: »
    Lol

Im fcuking fed up of facebook someone i know puts up 100 pictures of her per hour in a bikini in holiday in the far east

Yeah... I bet you hate looking at those...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

I honestly think it shouldnt be too much to expect that if someone places no value on a thread in feedback, they should just stay the hell out of it. Even if you think the op is full of it, posting fcuking lolcats just shows a blatent disrespect for the forum and the ethos behind it. This kind of stuff is why the DRP is pre-moderated and we all know how much of a pain in the hole that is.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

tbh wrote: »
    I honestly think it shouldnt be too much to expect that if someone places no value on a thread in feedback, they should just stay the hell out of it. Even if you think the op is full of it, posting fcuking lolcats just shows a blatent disrespect for the forum and the ethos behind it. This kind of stuff is why the DRP is pre-moderated and we all know how much of a pain in the hole that is.

Ah go away and don't be a kill-joy. The OP is a troll with alt-accounts innumerable. You can't enjoy some retro Feedback action, fine, but don't try to back-seat mod what's obviously a joke thread.

é

Ah go away and don't be a kill-joy. The OP is a troll with alt-accounts innumerable. You can't enjoy some retro Feedback action, fine, but don't try to back-seat mod what's obviously a joke thread.

you're entitled to hold and express your opinion and so am i. Just because its retro doesnt mean it has value. It was banned for a reason. its also ironic that you accuse me of back seat modding and in the same post tell me its fine to break the charter because you've unilaterally decided the OP has no value. I wonder how you'd respond, as a mod, to a user in one of your own forums trotting out the same excuse?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Have you looked at the OP in the last 36 hours? Genuinely, scroll back up and see what the opening poster edited into their first post here. If this was in one of the forums I mod I'd probably have locked it by now, but the opportunity to at least get a few laughs out of it first would be nice.

Have you looked at the OP in the last 36 hours? Genuinely, scroll back up and see what the opening poster edited into their first post here. If this was in one of the forums I mod I'd probably have locked it by now, but the opportunity to at least get a few laughs out of it first would be nice.

so what youre saying is that individual posters in a forum only need respect the charter if they judge the op to be worthy of it. Look man, I'm not trying to paint you into a corner and i appreciate Im particularly grumpy at the mo. however, the grumpy thing only dictates whether or not i bother to post, not whether or not i think it. IMO, posting ****e in a ****e thread makes you part of the problem, and as a mod, you shoukd avoid being part of the problem.

IYO, clearly, ****e ops are fair game for ****e. its also clear thar youre not the only one who feels like that.

We've both had our say and Im happy to leave it there

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

In fairness tbh, if feedback were to remain anally sterile and run in a gestapo-esque manner 100% of the time then a part of what makes boards great would die.

The OP was blatantly taking the píss with this thread, he was exposed as a multi re-reg troll. In old feedback days there would be a lot more cats and slagging in this thread by now.

If it's not fun to be part of this site then what's the point?

There are too many people taking the píss out of boards by 'closing accounts', and re-regging to continue their trolling and the PC police are saying there's feck all we can do about it.

Bring back public hangings I say.*

*(that was a joke before some thin-skinner politically correct internet noob gets offended :rolleyes:)

i understand what youre saying steve, id just say that theres a time and a place for everything. Look, a few years ago I'd have been right in there myself with the arch comments aimed at exposing the OP as a fraud or the lolcats and tbh thats probably the problem, I guess I'm just jaded with the whole thing. And that, as they say, is on me, not you.

to your credit tho, in all my time on boards, and indeed on earth, I've never seen anyone use an anus as an example of sterility, so kudos for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭PC CDROM

i understand what youre saying steve, id just say that theres a time and a place for everything. Look, a few years ago I'd have been right in there myself with the arch comments aimed at exposing the OP as a fraud or the lolcats and tbh thats probably the problem, I guess I'm just jaded with the whole thing. And that, as they say, is on me, not you.

to your credit tho, in all my time on boards, and indeed on earth, I've never seen anyone use an anus as an example of sterility, so kudos for that.

Belly Buttons are worse than bum holes for disease.

#fact!

You are 100% correct in your position bythe way tbh. I gets what you are saying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭ambient.air

Hello,

Sorry for my immature behavior.
    It was wrong of me and very unnecessary.

Sorry again,

Have a nice day.
    Thank You.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Stuck Cone

How the hell did you manage to get 102 posts?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Stuck Cone wrote: »
    How the hell did you manage to get 102 posts?
    By posting 102 times? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I tend to agree. Either the thread is valid feedback or it isn't. If it is, it should be heard, if it isn't, it should be locked. Making a mockery of it demeans this forum and boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Ah but it's not like feedback is over run with people taking the piss.
    I think it's just a bit of harmless fun. It doesn't belittle the forum either I don't think. People expressing humor in thread that it obviously become a bit of a joke isn't a bad thing. We are people and not machines of work. We're all on boards because we enjoy it. A bit of humor in a serious forum from time to time is nice.
    But I can see where TBH is coming from at the same time. I just think that seeing as it's quite rare it's not a big deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

I tend to agree. Either the thread is valid feedback or it isn't. If it is, it should be heard, if it isn't, it should be locked. Making a mockery of it demeans this forum and boards.
    :rolleyes:
    I think it's just a bit of harmless fun. It doesn't belittle the forum either I don't think. People expressing humor in thread that it obviously become a bit of a joke isn't a bad thing. We are people and not machines of work. We're all on boards because we enjoy it. A bit of humor in a serious forum from time to time is nice.
    But I can see where TBH is coming from at the same time. I just think that seeing as it's quite rare it's not a big deal.
    I thanked your post Teddy.

:rolleyes:

I thanked your post Teddy.
    I have in return now thanked you off also.
    Even though you didn't actually input anything:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭PC CDROM

It's rare because of the following.
    I think it's just a bit of harmless fun. .

So did many.

It was actually paramount to bullying if you look back over some of the old threads. Not that anyone would go there....

Feedback is where it is today because of the past.

It's a good thing really unless you are into taking the p1ss out of an individual.

This reminds me of boards.ie of old overall... everybody arguing about nothing of any importance for no reason whatsoever...

• Registered Users Posts: 83,136 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Achilles wrote: »
    This reminds me of boards.ie of old overall... everybody arguing about nothing of any importance for no reason whatsoever...
    Meh. When I play online video games I kill people for less.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Originally Posted by tbh viewpost.gif
    Sorry, I don't agree with that .

There is genuine feedback being given in this thread and it is that boards as a community is fcuking fed up of re-reg trolls abusing the system.

I'm not saying that we go back to the old way of doing things here, I'm just saying that when someone (the OP), who posted an unwarranted tirade of personal abuse and false accusations and was actually being treated seriously before he was outed by Danny for having at least 8 troll accounts here, has shown himself to be nothing more than a troublemaker intent on taking up and wasting moderators and administrators time then the community is not going to stand for it.
    Banning is too good for people like this and is ineffective. Giving them rope and showing them up for the spanner they are is sometimes the only way to go.

As regards the purpose of this forum, yes I take both your points, but, I do believe threads like this, while they are (and should be) infrequent, do serve to strengthen the community spirit here on boards. People come here because it's fun and interesting, not because it's an 'up its own ass bureaucracy'. Feedback has to have a certain fun / banter element as well, otherwise it may as well just be 'the complaints forum' and I don't think any of us want that to happen.. :)

p.s. @tbh, good riposte on the anally sterile comment, I actually lolled :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Feedback has become AHLite and I don't see that as a good thing. I agree with Steve that Boards.ie should be fun but Boards is more then just laughing at trolls, it needs to be allowed to have it's serious side too. Feedback SHOULD be feedback rather then a feedingfrenzy of LOLs.
    The only genuine feedback that this thread has brought is that some of us think taking the pish out of posts here is not really how this forum should be used.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

WTF, Why is this still open? Has nobody noticed the OP?

Someone please tell me I'm not the only one who sees the frog in a G-string? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!

OldGoat wrote: »
    Feedback has become AHLite and I don't see that as a good thing.

That's a total exaggeration, OG. This one thread has gone off the walls. The vast majority of the rest of the forum is just fine.

And, as an aside, I believe the AH mods are tired of their forum being used as a point of comparison for the purposes of negative criticism too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Giving a negitative impressioin of AH is not my intention, it's a favourite haunt of mine. My apologies to the mods of AH.
    However AH is the representative forum for posts that are mostly frivilous in nature and this thread has seqwayed into a discussion of Feedback being allowed to be serious or frivilous.

As for exagerating the point well perhaps I have yet you'll have to agree that by the same cut of the cloth Feedback is not as innocent as you make it out to be.

I'm simply weighing in with a little support for those other posters who believe that Feedback should be a place were we can post without being ridiculed. The OP may be a troll but that should be delt with in a dignified manner giving the troll nothing to feed it. Starving the troll kills it just as quickly as giving it enough rope as Steve suggests.

/GrumpyOldGoat is Grumpy...again. :)

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Politics sure are fun, aren't they?

phasers wrote: »
    WTF, Why is this still open? Has nobody noticed the OP?

Someone please tell me I'm not the only one who sees the frog in a G-string? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!
    In a weird twist it has morphed into a serious thread:eek:

Advertisement