Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee - New Jerry Seinfeld Show

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

It would have been interesting to watch but then I saw Ricky Gervais's grinning face. I think if I have to listen to his high-pitched fake laugh once more I'd put my foot through the screen. Why do these American comedians fawn over him so much? He's not even a proper stand-up and he sure as hell ain't funny as one. He's like a bad smell around Seinfeld/David/Rock/Louis CK. I guess all his money makes him part of the club though.

I've no idea why, but I initially read the title as, "Canadians in Cars Getting Coffee" and wondered what was so special about that ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

You've obviously never been in a car with a Canadian. It's one of the most special experiences a human being can have :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭I_smell_fear

http://comediansincarsgettingcoffee.com/larry-david-larry-eats-a-pancake/#.UAizV9cnShw.

Here's the first episode! The whole series looks like its gonna be free and online which is pleasantly arousing. There are little commentaries here and there in the beginning about cars which, judging from his vast collection, Seinfeld is obviously passionate about, but it seems like they just used his car hobby as an excuse to get a mere title for a series out of him and his buddies, which I am more than happy with.

As I said, I love listening to comedians just chatting but I'm especially delighted that it started off with the legend that is Larry David as I can never get enough of this guy. He's the ultimate critic and cynic! The man seems to be an expert about 'nothingness'. He mentions at one point
    'the acceptable distance' for him to hold a door for someone else
    which is classic Larry and you know he could probably get a full Curb episode out of it alone.

Seinfeld is affable as always. He's more than happy to entertain Larry's unique mannerisms and seems to implore it for the show. The two guys just seem to completely enjoy and understand each others company.

Overall, "It's Gold, Jerry! Gold!".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

So it's basically Carpool US?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭I_smell_fear

I had never heard of Carpool up until this morning but yeah, apparently so

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Moved here by request of the OP.
    (Moved from Television)

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭kellso81

Anyone watching this? Just saw the Alec Baldwin episode and thought it was the best so far. Didn't seem as forced as some of the other ones and you can tell they know each other well and are comfortable together.
    The rapier/rapiest part was brilliant!
    Really enjoyed it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Anyone else having problems with the website. The latest episode and the preview for the next don't seem to be working, tried their youtube channel and it's the same thing. Won't load.

Advertisement