Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Friday 13th

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭EdanHewittt

Vast Swathes of people in Ireland get paid on Friday, so it balances out any negative incidents.

In effect, Friday the 13th becomes like an ordinary day for me.

I just feel sorry for folks who get paid on a Thursday. Knowing them, they'd buy lots of forgotten about rounds at those 2EURO per drink nights; then wake up pilfered wondering where their uri gellers went.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Snowie wrote: »
    why is friday the 13th considered unlucky?

It is a superstition people have had thru the years with Friday being labeled the unluckiest day and 13 an unlucky number mainly linked to the Knights Templar, which upon Friday the 13th,people were tortured, accused of crimes they did not commit,burnt at stakes and the like, the novel and movie the Da Vinci Code touches upon this,speaking of films when this day appears on the calendar the film Friday the Thirteenth is sometimes foolishly referenced oddly enough mostly by people that haven't actually seen it, sure most of the people in this film are unlucky to say the least but that's about the only realitivity apart from the title. Many titles in the horror genre are purposely released on Friday the thirteenth(5 of the 12 Friday the thirteenth movies even released on this day).Some interesting events on the date;Plane crash in the Andes,Rock band Black Sabbath released their first album,Rapper Tupac Shakur was shot,hurricane charley struck,this year in April an earthquake struck Italy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭Luap

A fell down the stairs of my bungalow.

Damn you Friday 13th!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

friggatriskaidekaphobia. Love that word.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Going to a wedding today. They got a hell of a cheap deal with the hotel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Nope, superstition is silly. My black cat crossed my path several times already - not a bother on me :D Might do the Euromillions later.

EDIT:

That's incredibly smart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

I have a date tonight, and I thought that was bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭mtjm

Friday 13th has turned out to be lucky for me so far, won vouchers on 98FM this morning. Great start of the day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

new avi for today!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

This is the 3rd Friday the 13th of this year!
    No one has cared so far? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

marcbrophy wrote: »
    This is the 3rd Friday the 13th of this year!
    No one has cared so far? :pac:

Always be wary of the third one, they lure you into a false sense of security with the first two being non events and then......BOOM!!!!

mtjm wrote: »
    Friday 13th has turned out to be lucky for me so far, won vouchers on 98FM this morning. Great start of the day

Unless they were vouchers for Massey Undertakers :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

Where To wrote: »
    I never have sex on Friday 13th. . . .

Well im gona have sex twice tonight thinking of you where to.

EDIT: Just for you i ment to say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

Unless you're a scantily-clad big breasted woman around 18 - 26 you've nothing to worry about.

Those of you that are, PM me for 'protection services'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

I saw a black cat run across the road and I've walked under a ladder today.
    I had an easy day in work, got home 20 mins earlier than yesterday.
    The weather is starting to clear and I'm about to cycle to the gym. I feel great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

I passed my bike driving test today. Thank you Friday 13th. :D

I know you don't drive a bike, but I'm not going to give ye any ammo by saying "riding test"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

had a landlord before who didn't want me to sign the lease on Friday the 13th ¬_¬ gah can't stand ridiculous superstitions like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

only after realising now 7.20PM that is was Friday the 13th

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭CavanCrew

I was born friday 13th, fantastic day. That is all.

Just under 4 hours to go folks.....hang in there :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

I only noticed right now that the date was friday the 13th thanks to this crappy thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I saw a black cat run across the road and I've walked under a ladder today.
    I had an easy day in work, got home 20 mins earlier than yesterday.
    The weather is starting to clear and I'm about to cycle to the gym. I feel great.

You're only making it worse for your self :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Lol, I've not even reflected on it all day until you brought it up now.
    Heard something about "unlucky things you can do" on the radio but didn't even cop then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Well I've had a great day and am looking forward to the rest of the weekend. I'm heading out now for a few drinks and am very excite.
    I almost fell disappointed I even bothered to acknowledge it, but the opportunity to click that create new **** thread button was flashing.:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Underground

Crashed my car yesterday, so from now on I reckon I'll dread Thursday the 12th instead :p

On another note, they never show the Friday the 13th movies on Friday the 13th anymore. Disappointing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭cade

On another note, they never show the Friday the 13th movies on Friday the 13th anymore. Disappointing.

True, though Light house cinema is showing Nightmare on Elm street starting in ten minutes if you're looking for a classic scare.

Anyhow, I managed to corrupt two clusters of servers in the office today, thanks to automation I managed to do it while I was still asleep too :D. Cue rest of waking day trying to fix everything :rolleyes:

Advertisement