Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster bank android app problem

Options
  • 12-07-2012 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭

No longer works with new android 4.1.1 jelly bean update :(
    Any ideas how to contact them about it? I mean the app team not the phone people.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Stuck Cone

theyre not having good luck with computers these days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

This issue has now been escalated. Over the course of the day several other users have reported the same issue since updating to Jellybean 4.1.1. The NatWest and RBS apps are screwed too.
    Should be 10 working days for an update to be available.
    Ah well, used to waiting at this stage :)

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭donal.hunt

When I saw the issue the other day, I just rang their mobile banking team and offered to send them screenshots if needed...

The percentage of users who have Jelly Bean is so small right now that I'm not wholly surprised that the app isn't updated yet (though I suspect a higher quality app would not have been affected).

Hopefully there is an update shortly... :)

donal.hunt wrote: »
    The percentage of users who have Jelly Bean is so small right now that I'm not wholly surprised that the app isn't updated yet (though I suspect a higher quality app would not have been affected)

I have 70 apps installed on my phone, give or take, and the only app affected by the upgrade from 4.0.4 to 4.1.1. was.........Ulsterbank!!! bum bum tish!

:( Obviously probably coded on the cheap in India with no thought about code longevity or upgrade scenarios.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 sparky208

Theirs 2 months past now and it still not fixed for jelly- been 4.1.1 crap crap crap a bunch of donkeys work there . never mind the cockup they made with everyones acc how lond has that took to sort out and still not numptys:confused:

• Advertisement

sparky208 wrote: »
    Theirs 2 months past now and it still not fixed for jelly- been 4.1.1 crap crap crap a bunch of donkeys work there . never mind the cockup they made with everyones acc how lond has that took to sort out and still not numptys:confused:

I've been in touch with their Mobile banking Manager over the past months about the issue. He has been helpful. They are working on it, but as anyone in SW dev will know, any changes that affect live systems need thorough QA etc, even if the change is small.
    They plan to go live with the fixes for Jellybean next week, or else on Oct 2nd. So hopefully only 2 more weeks to go.
    It's also worth pointing out that less than 2% of android devices are currently on Jelly Bean. So it's not a HUGE priority in that sense, even though it's driving me nuts!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Was reading on the XDA forums where I got the Jellybean leak and it seems as though this isn't an app problem. Supposedly it has something to do with a bug in Jellybean that is also related to a pull down bar being grey in colour. Whoever explained it on the forum was able to go into the problem better than I could so no point me even trying!!!

Should be a new version (JB compatible) up from today.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

only took a couple of months. but I suppose thats not bad considering less than 2% of Android devices are on JB.
    Just in time for the Galaxy S3 upgrade to JB which is kicking off now. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,889 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

100gSoma wrote: »
    Just in time for the Galaxy S3 upgrade to JB which is kicking off now. :D

Wonder if that was the reason why it's sorted now, there's a lot of GS3s out there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

does anyone have the ulster bank apk?i changed my rom and it wont work.

Advertisement