Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

124,000 warrants never executed

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

Yeah all 124,000 of them. Meanwhile murder cases get nowhere. I had an warrant once, I moved house and missed a traffic violation, missed that I didn't pay the fine, and had sold the car so I didnt re-register the address for the car - which would have sent the increased fine I think. The result was a warrant.

Anyway I did find out about it and sort it but its the kind of thing that most of these warrants are for. You may have one.

They should not let people not turn up for assault cases in court - the Gardai should have tracked that down, for sure, but for the trivial ****e people get caught when they are otherwise pulled over for something else, and radioed in. And thats all the work the Gardai should do ( for me it was different, a background check, I still wouldnt know I as sold my car and never, therefore, meet the police or get pulled).
    Ok, fair complaint. A two tier system could operate. People wanted for assault would trigger the Gardai coming.
    Really though, the systems should be linked up. If you go to hospital and provide your pps and address, why shouldn't the DoJ have the ability to use that system to update their own?

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dionysius2

Ok, fair complaint. A two tier system could operate. People wanted for assault would trigger the Gardai coming.
    Really though, the systems should be linked up. If you go to hospital and provide your pps and address, why shouldn't the DoJ have the ability to use that system to update their own?

For the very good reason that, legislatively speaking, that would be a runaway coach and four racing through the safeguards envisaged by the laws governing data protection !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

I ignored a speeding ticket.

went to court. Did not show.

Still ignored it. Never paid . just dumped the letters.

Told I had a warrent on me.

11 years later and garda vetting pass. No sign of it.

Why would anyone worry about a warrent

Garda are a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭McCrack

gsxr1 wrote: »
    I ignored a speeding ticket.

went to court. Did not show.

Still ignored it. Never paid . just dumped the letters.

Told I had a warrent on me.

11 years later and garda vetting pass. No sign of it.

Why would anyone worry about a warrent

Garda are a joke.

There is something in that story that doesn't add up

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 460 ✭✭four18

McCrack wrote: »
    There is something in that story that doesn't add up
    Same here, Never followed it up, It does add up

Advertisement