Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

getting a sublet in SF.

Options
  • 13-07-2012 9:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Im finding it impossible.We aren't going until August but wanted to get a sublet if I can but I havent even gotten one email response to my queries.

I am on craigslist every day but nothing from it. I have booked a hotel for a couple of nights but dont want to stay there fo very long.

Anyone have any tips?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

It wil be very difficult for you to get anything until you are there. Look at it from the resident renter/ landlord's point of view: if they have a decent room to let in SF, they likely get many people interested. Why would they waste their time responding to someone who a) they cannot meet in person to see if they like them and b) doesn't want to move in till August?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

You could try looking for vacation rental apartments.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

You might have more luck in Berkeley, it's only a 22 minute BART ride from downtown SF. (Much cheaper too)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

No responses? Curious.

I imagine they'd generally rather deal with someone locally (credit reports?) but no response at all is odd.

Do you mention being outside the US? That would raise red flags. In the next query try being more vague, say something like "we're only arriving in California in august".

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭happyclapper

Thanks for the responses. I am only logging on now.

We have booked a hotel room for the first week and hope to get something from there. yep, not one response! But I think they are just getting snapped up from people in the us as my times are probably way off with the time difference that they are gone before I contact!

• Advertisement
Advertisement