Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blade clamping screws?

• 13-07-2012 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I can buy replacement blade clamping screws for my elderly jigsaw? B&Q staff had never come across them but they must be a part many people have to replace when they get worn or lost.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Make ,model?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

You'll probably find they are standard M4 or M5 bolts that hold it in place. You'll get these from ebay or many engineering suppliers around dublin. Most places like B&Q will also sell bolts in small packets, you should be able to get them there too, but will probably need to be cut down to size.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

You'll probably find they are standard M4 or M5 bolts that hold it in place. You'll get these from ebay or many engineering suppliers around dublin. Most places like B&Q will also sell bolts in small packets, you should be able to get them there too, but will probably need to be cut down to size.

Yep,simple little M4/M3 "allen key head" bolts/screws.

Tucks Fastners and All Metal Fastners will also have them,if none of the diy stores or builders providers have them.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

If you find out the size you need, eg M4, I've a large bucket of allen head bolts in the garage, I'm sure I can spare two of them ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

imokyrok wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can buy replacement blade clamping screws for my elderly jigsaw? B&Q staff had never come across them but they must be a part many people have to replace when they get worn or lost.

I lost a guard screw on a powered saw, but e-mailed the manufactuer and they mailed me the part for free.

If you look on the manufacturers website, you might find they sell them under parts and accessories too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭sgt.bilko

The chances are that , given the OP stated the item is old, the fitting is an imperial fitting and you may find the fitting as easy these days.

Advertisement