Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WiFi Prob on Samsung Galaxy Ace...

Options
  • 13-07-2012 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭

Having a problem with my phone and this is prob a completely stupid inquiry...

I have a Samsung Galaxy Ace about a year now and the Wifi has always worked with no problem at all, with my home WiFi internet.
    But I moved a little while ago so I have a new Wifi Connection (eircom:rolleyes:).

Now, the WiFi works absolutely fine on the phone, everything runs grand.

But when the wifi is on and the phone goes onto standby (screen goes black) it seems like the wifi knocks off until I touch a button to activate it again and all of a sudden I get loads of text messages through Whatsapp from friend.

This has never happened with my phone before, I alway got texts from whatsapp or whatever app is running in the background while the phone is on standby but now its like the wifi turns off when the phone goes into standby and reconnects when I activate the phone.

Is there a setting that has changed to knock it off and anyone on here know how to change this?

Its really annoying as I might leave my phone for a while then go back to it and loads of stuff comes through late.

Any help would be brilliant thanks!!!

PS: I dont think it has anything to do with my internet connection as the router is fine, no problems with it at all.
    Also I have gone through the Wireless & Network settings and I cant seem to find/see anything wrong in there.

Advertisement