Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Friday 13th today.....who paranoid then??

• 13-07-2012 10:36am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭

So its Friday 13th today.....whos paranoid about the day/date in question and supposed "bad luck"??:D

Did you leave your motorbike at home today,and take the bus,train or car to work instead???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

if you think and worry about this sort of thing, i'd say bad luck is more likely to find you :)

just another day on the calendar to me - and happily enough, didnt catch a drop of rain on the way in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

was pretty lucky myself this morning with a gap in the rain, took waterproofs off the other day and I cant for the life of me find them! Got in nice and dry... dont have much hope for getting home dry tho!!!

The most unlucky thing so far is still being in my winter gloves, the summer gloves were out for a week then back in their box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 989 ✭✭✭rat_race

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

Touch wood ,I dont believe in that stuff....................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

rat_race wrote: »

RIP :(

fwiw, that would have been the 12th though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 989 ✭✭✭rat_race

Wossack wrote: »
    RIP :(

fwiw, that would have been the 12th though

Oh yeah...oops :( Very sad tho...there's been a lot of bike accidents the last couple of months...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Just saw it on RTE News.

Sad and tragic.

RIP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

In south of France atm.

Forgot to put sun cream on my neck. Got a nice red line where there is a gap between helmet and jacket. Dam you Friday 13th. Haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

I thought all motorcyclists where already paranoid? After all, those cage drivers really are out to kill us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

13 is my lucky number so not too bothered, I was born on good friday the 13th, my ma was born on the 13th[today a long long time ago:D] and i live in house number 13.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

Passed my test today! :D So no, not paranoid at all.

In fact, I think I'll celebrate with a Euromillions ticket.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

My nephew passed his A bike test today with Airport School of Motoring.

He got a clean pass using their BMW G650 bike that he hired out from Airport School,he flew through the test no marks at all.

5 weeks was all he had to wait for the test.

Friday 13th was lucky for him.To say hes delighted,is an understatement.

Oh and thanks to Airport School too,for the bike and helping him to pass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭gipi

I took delivery of my new (to me) bike today! It needs to be lowered, but I can't blame Fri 13th for that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Pipz

Not superstitious, but today wasn't a good day, so maybe I should be? lol

Crashed my car into a wall, complete write-off.
    Went to borrow my boyfriends car, keys got locked in the car, spent an hour trying to break into the thing without damaging it.
    Tried to tax my boyfriends car so I could drive, they wouldn't let me.
    Went to view another car, engine was fooked.

Think I'll just go back to bed...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭positron

gipi wrote: »
    I took delivery of my new (to me) bike today! It needs to be lowered, but I can't blame Fri 13th for that :D

Congratulations on the new bike!
    juice1304 wrote: »
    13 is my lucky number so not too bothered, I was born on good friday the 13th, my ma was born on the 13th[today a long long time ago:D] and i live in house number 13.:)

Next year is going to be brilliant for you so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Yesterday was the first day I didn't use the bike in ages. Not superstitious, just had nowhere to go!

Advertisement