Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farm gates with automatic quad opening

• 13-07-2012 11:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭

I was looking online a while back at field gates and came across the quad gate. You just drive the quad into the gate and it opens and closes behind.

In the next 18 months i want to buy a quad and i am currently planning new gates into a few fields around the yard.

Anyone use these?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCqCHAcIpb0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Dont be daft

I've no expierence with them at all but always thought they wouldnt stand the test of time. That after a few years the quad would have damaged something in the mechanism or bent the ramps.

Also I'd say they'd only be of any real benefit if the quad was going to replace the jeep/tractor totally. What I mean is if your getting down off the tractor to lift them ramps all the time then being able to fly through on the quad isnt much help.

If it was me I'd get the quad first and run it for a year to help you identify the gates were you'd benefit most from this.
    That'd make sense for our setup, maybe not the case for everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Atilathehun

I was looking online a while back at field gates and came across the quad gate. You just drive the quad into the gate and it opens and closes behind.

In the next 18 months i want to buy a quad and i am currently planning new gates into a few fields around the yard.

Anyone use these?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCqCHAcIpb0

Farming is gone to pot competely. Quad to bring in the cows. And now can't be arsed to get off the quad to open the gate:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

if i replaced 3 gateson my own land and 1 gate on rented land i would be able to access all land via a quad.

The reason im thinking of a quad it to be able to bring milk to calves in the field morning and evening .

As i said its forward planning

Advertisement