Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Practice Rooms

• 13-07-2012 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Just a quick question, would people be looking for a Practice Room in Dublin City Centre. And what price are people paying. Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭ohigg84

You mean a rehearsal studio?
    Loop studios is beside 'Connell st. I always use it. 60 euro for 4 hours. So thats 12 each for a 5 piece band..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,453 ✭✭✭Rigsby

ohigg84 wrote: »
    Loop studios is beside 'Connell st. I always use it. 60 euro for 4 hours. So thats 12 each for a 5 piece band..

I am not very keen on Loop Studios. The gear leaves a lot to be desired and parking is a nightmare.

Go a little further southside and you find "Badlands". Great rooms (only 2 at present, the 3rd is nearly ready ).

http://www.badlands-studios.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭raindog.promo

Rigsby wrote: »
    I am not very keen on Loop Studios. The gear leaves a lot to be desired and parking is a nightmare.

Go a little further southside and you find "Badlands". Great rooms (only 2 at present, the 3rd is nearly ready ).

http://www.badlands-studios.com/

I'm a fan of Badlands too. Sound lads running it.

Eugh.
    Excuse the pun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16 davedrum

Love Badlands . Pat is a gent , free tea and coffee and 20 quid cheaper than Loop , which IMO is a hole .

davedrum wrote: »
    Pat is a gent

Absolutely !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 allannah_d

Badlands is brilliant.
    It has everything you need
    the lads are sound, free tea and coffee,
    really chilled out,
    much cheaper than anywhere else and the best spot we have used yet
    and there's 10-12 of us fit into one of the rooms without a bother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Kois

It's funny how I came onto this thread to throw out the good word of Badlands only for everyone else to beat me to it! Haha
    But yeah, great pricing and great rooms - lovely sound!
    Pat's very welcoming also, absolute legend.
    And it's only a small bit away from the City Centre!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

On reading the first post I'm not sure the thread starter is looking for recommendations, maybe more of a room-sharing agreement?

Malice wrote: »
    On reading the first post I'm not sure the thread starter is looking for recommendations, maybe more of a room-sharing agreement?

Yeah, the first post seems ambiguous alright. Since the OP has not come back to enlighten us as to what exactly he wants, it will probably remain that way too.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭dublinrugbyguy

Hey Guys

Sorry I didnt get back to you. The reason for this post is I am thinking off opening a room near the Pheonix Park where there shooting Masterchef. Just trying to get a feedback for prices and stuff.

Gonna place a order with www.musicstore.de for 4 rooms each ranging in equipment with a difference though. You will be able to record from each room for a small fee.

Any other ideas

Cheers
    Shrek

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19 bluesteele

ohigg84 wrote: »

I caught aids twice in Loop.

Advertisement