Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Primer

• 13-07-2012 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a cheap metal primer, ideally a spraycan, that will cover a metal rollcage I am repainting. I've already gone through 3x 150ml Zinc 182 cans, and at nearly €5 a can, I've covered only a fraction of the total area I need to paint.

If anyone has any recommendations they'd be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

I'm looking for a cheap metal primer, ideally a spraycan, that will cover a metal rollcage I am repainting. I've already gone through 3x 150ml Zinc 182 cans, and at nearly €5 a can, I've covered only a fraction of the total area I need to paint.

If anyone has any recommendations they'd be greatly appreciated!

A rollcage-as in a rollcage for a car/race car??

You must be absoluetly hammering on the metal primer,if you are using it up that fast and getting so little done?:eek:

Your local motor factor and around 3-4 cans of primer or etch primer would cover an entire roll cage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

paddy147 wrote: »
    A rollcage-as in a rollcage for a car/race car??

You must be absoluetly hammering on the metal primer,if you are using it up that fast and getting so little done?:eek:

Your local motor factor and around 3-4 cans of primer or etch primer would cover an entire roll cage.

I bought 3 cans expecting that would be enough, but it clearly wasn't. I have only applied a very fine layer, barely covering in some places. But the cans were only 150ml in size so maybe the cans you are talking about are larger? Any brands you would recommend?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

I bought 3 cans expecting that would be enough, but it clearly wasn't. I have only applied a very fine layer, barely covering in some places. But the cans were only 150ml in size so maybe the cans you are talking about are larger? Any brands you would recommend?

I got my roll cages powder coated.;)

A local motor factor would advize you or a local mechanic garage/crash repair shop would be able to tell you what is a good primer.

The motor factors will stock larger cans than what you are using.:)

Advertisement