Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What shows/farming events did you/will you attend this year?

• 13-07-2012 12:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭

Hoping to attend Tullamore show. Not going to the ploughing, too far. Would like to attend some BETTER farm walks too if/when they are on again.

Never at the bunyconlon show (please excuse the attrocous spelling!!). Told it is as good as Tullamore. Anyone ever been? When is it on this year?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭greenfingers89

always head to tullamore, ploughing and pilltown (iverk i think its called), was at bonniconlon last 2 years and will go again this year, its on bank holiday monday august 6th, tis a good one but i wont put it on par with tullamore. was down in bantry last 3 years but dont think ill bother this year, it suffered badly last 2 years with weather. might head to virginia not sure yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭redzerologhlen

Tullamore for me too, its a grand day out and plenty of stock on show. Getting the s**ts of the ploughing, You have no comfort walking around in the crowds and too many scumbags around for my liking but saying that I normally end up going anyway :o I have a right mind to head to the royal highland show next year for a change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

have never been to Tullamore show but if weather is good (not lashing) might give it a go this year, like the ploughing but dont know if I fancy the trip down to wexford

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

have never been to Tullamore show

What??!! Go to Tullamore, it's a mini ploughing championships (without the ploughing!) And alot nearer for lads from the Weest this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭redzerologhlen

Muckit wrote: »
    What??!! Go to Tullamore, it's a mini ploughing championships (without the ploughing!) And alot nearer for lads from the Weest this year

I made it up in an haour and a half last year...herself didnt let me drive the civic since though :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

Tullamore for me too, its a grand day out and plenty of stock on show. Getting the s**ts of the ploughing, You have no comfort walking around in the crowds and too many scumbags around for my liking but saying that I normally end up going anyway :o I have a right mind to head to the royal highland show next year for a change.

My old pair were at the royal highland show a few weeks back. They had no fantastic reports back from it. They said that it was just an ordinary show - similar to the Balmoral show, but nowhere near as good as Tullamore.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭grumpyfarmer

Went to grass and muck in gurteen cos it's only 5 miles from me. if we got an indian summer might consider tullamore.. the ploughing isn't worth it in the time it takes having to get someone to milk and all...

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭jerdee

Heading to tullamore and maybe Virginia as all Ireland angus on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

I usually go to Tullamore too. It's a good show. Seems the show of choice on here anyway and I like to keep my custom local:D

I threaten to go to Moynalty every year too. I was at the Trim haymaking show a couple of times, it's not a bad little show if the weather is suitable to make hay!
    Virginia is OK too, is it still mid-week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 918 ✭✭✭RoscommonTom

Tullamorr is pure mighty, always some nice young ones knocking about :) and a bit of craic. It always seems to be lashing around the time its on though:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭O.A.P

I have been to the ploughing for last 3 years in a row but I might give it a miss this time as its hardly worth driving so far this time.
    I have never been to the Tullamore show but a few of lads I know go every year so I might go there this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

went to ploughing last year- first time in 4 years, find it hard to get away for a day, am in a discussion group and enjoy going to other farms and learning new things and they also advise me when they come here..... went to dundalk show a few weeks ago.... will try and go to ploughing but i have to put alot of orgainisation into getting kids minded etc so sometimes these trips are not worth the hassle:rolleyes: edited to ad i was one of the fools who brought a buggy to the ploughing 4 years ago - never ever again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭wiggy123

will had to virginia show.. think on a thursday again..as had it on Saturday-think wasn't suited..
    will head--as angus all ireland on there!
    been to dundalk... grand for kids.. other shows will use!
    use to go to more, now-once been to one..seen it all..
    like to do ploughing some year--will till closer to louth..haha!
    do hear tullamore does be good..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

Hope to head to Tullamore this year, attended the last few shows. Great show for the livestock. Usually support a few of the local shows aswell especially those that have vintage cars and machinery. At these shows you can usually find something to keep everyone happy.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭roran

Always go to Nenagh show (nearest, but getting worse!) and Tullamore. Only 2 shows that interest me.....for now!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭td5man

edited to ad i was one of the fools who brought a buggy to the ploughing 4 years ago - never ever again[/Quote]

We brought the buggy for the 4year old a couple of years ago and end up pushing the 6 year old around all day while the four year old walked.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 ger b

tinahealy show is not a bad day out good walk if nothing else bit of a stuggle with a buggie[same as any show]will do tullamore show,not a whole pile more at the the ploughing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭fastrac

Went to The Balmoral Show and hoping to go to Dorset Steam Fair and Ploughing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Hay_man

Will be going to Tullamore this year, I been to the ploughling a good few times and I'm just find myself losing interest in it now :o

Would anyone recommend any shows in Great Britian to attend ?

could make a holiday out of them :D

Any of them worth the drive over ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

the royal welsh show is ment to be good but its in the middle of nowhere so you would want to get the boat over and bring the car.

I'll go to tullamore. was at the IHFA open day and that'll be about it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

havnt being to a show in Ireland in years, am I missing out on much? bloody busy everyday nowadays

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭The Nutty M

We've done a few shows this year around the west showing cattle,will be making the haul to tullamore again this year showing more.Haven't been to any other seminars or anything bar one on IBR. Not going to the ploughing either unless we're asked to bring some.
    In reference to bonniconlon show it is one of the better one's in the west IMO.Claremorris is the day before and it isn't a patch on it.

We've done a few shows this year around the west showing cattle,will be making the haul to tullamore again this year showing more.

Simmentals? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

Havent been to anything bar the ploughing in two years now.

had a crazy busy summer last year, this year isnt so bad, but any of the good shows are clashing with things we have on.

missed bandon and clonmel shows because of two family occasions and will miss tullamore because of a family wedding this year. not sure about the ploughing, it's not far from us, but very worried about traffic due to the location, could take days to get back through new ross unless leaving very early, or very late.

is there any good shows in the southern half of the country in the next few weeks?

Simmentals? :rolleyes:

Yep:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭F.D

will probably attend the tullamore show its nearer and more compact, cant be bothered with the ploughing, firstly because of its location second because of the rows of rubbish you have to trawl your way up along to get to see something your actually interested in

Yep:rolleyes:

I'd say ye'I sweep a few rosettes at Tullamore this year again if ye are who I think ye are ;) Are ye bringing a cow and calf outfit?

I'd say ye'I sweep a few rosettes at Tullamore this year again if ye are who I think ye are ;) Are ye bringing a cow and calf outfit?

Here's hoping:)
    But it's awful hard to say,a few surprises may be in store I'd say.

Advertisement