Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

layout for sample newspaper

Options
  • 13-07-2012 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,I am at the moment trying to set up a new tabloid size newspaper aimed at a niche market nationally and NI.I am currently working with the Co enterprise board on this and they seem pretty sweet on the idea especially since the focus groups came back so positive.My main problem will be down the line I think will my non experience in this field will be a barrier to some people as I was one of the statistics from the construction bubble at christmas 08 and trying to convince that I can bring this together having only experience on a jackhammer.I have a lot of articles written for the sample edition and have on board a few national newspaper journalists generously contributing towards it and getting a lot of good will for the project from people in the industry as the paper has a sound social aspect to it that will garner a lot of starting publicity.My computer skills are practically non existant but I know once i get this out and with the right people on board I can drive this forward with my Ideas.My next stage I want to do is get a sample edition out to show what the paper can be and i need advice on how to get it done cheaply as obviously i dont have big finance and to get someone to do the layout of the paper for me and maybe work something out for the future,Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭EvolutionNights

Contact any of the design colleges in Ireland and see if you can get some design students interested in your idea. They might do it as a project for a small fee and you'll get your sample. There is quite a bit of work in what you want done so expect to pay for it. Best of luck with your venture.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Contact any of the design colleges in Ireland and see if you can get some design students interested in your idea. They might do it as a project for a small fee and you'll get your sample. There is quite a bit of work in what you want done so expect to pay for it. Best of luck with your venture.
    Thanks for that,might be the way i have to go with my budget.

Advertisement