Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ftb question

Options
  • 13-07-2012 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭

Hi guys this may be a silly question but me and bf are hoping to buy first house soon we are currently getting all documentation together hav been told were eligible for x amount but haven't got as far as aip stage, so we are interested in a few properties wat we want to know is should we start viewing now or shud we wait for aip before looking or what is the norm? Sorry if I'm being a bit long winded appreciate any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭killers1

Hi guys this may be a silly question but me and bf are hoping to buy first house soon we are currently getting all documentation together hav been told were eligible for x amount but haven't got as far as aip stage, so we are interested in a few properties wat we want to know is should we start viewing now or shud we wait for aip before looking or what is the norm? Sorry if I'm being a bit long winded appreciate any help

There's no harm at all in looking at this stage..many people put in offers if they find somewhere they really want to buy even though the mortgage hasn't been approved yet or the application even submitted!. If you have a good idea of what you're able to borrow and that you meet the bank's criteria then there's no harm. It'll probably take up to 2 weeks for the approval to come through so your best bet is to get cracking with your application sooner rather than later..

Advertisement