Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carbonation Drops

Options
  • 13-07-2012 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi guys,
    I've put on a brew and realised I do not have enough carbonation drops for the whole brew. There are no home brew shops in my area so without having to go online to buy more, is there any other type of sugar or substitute I could use?
    Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

You can just use regular sugar. Have you heard of batch priming? Saves a lot of hassle. There's a decent explanation of it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭sharingan

Just use plain table sugar. 1 flat teaspoon per 500ml bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 sixshot87

Thanks guys, saves me a lot of hassle

• Registered Users Posts: 3,611 ✭✭✭Blackjack

I don't think you can use normal sugar.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Ratsathome

Blackjack wrote: »
    I don't think you can use normal sugar.
    You can use any "fermentable"sugar.Use a carbonation calculator.You can select what type of sugar you want to use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

Khannie wrote: »
    You can just use regular sugar. Have you heard of batch priming? Saves a lot of hassle. There's a decent explanation of it here.

Agree with this, batch priming is definitely the way to go, most convenient method by far

Advertisement