Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Obese to FIT (22stone +)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Baralis1

I'm just bumping this up again as I though it was a really good thread. How has everyone been getting on over the last six weeks. Not great myself but I've been making a new start the last two weeks. 3 pounds down on a new diet and not feeling hungry and resisting temptation thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,192 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Well I kinda fell out of it after my last update. Went away for a few days at the start of Sept and put a bit on.

Anyway, got back down to 199.2 naturally without trying and 2 weeks ago thought "Alright, that's it! Let's just get back into this".

Lost 3 lbs that week and have been good this week but have yet to weigh in (I like to weigh in on Thursday mornings)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

Have recently hit the 17:13 mark. Least fat I've been in years! Started doing proper weights in the gym as well, feeling great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

nice one, great effort by all
    i hit 23 stone back in may, started primal eating, today 16.10. Running or boxing three times a week, feel great

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭ridonkulous

tinner777 wrote: »
    nice one, great effort by all
    i hit 23 stone back in may, started primal eating, today 16.10. Running or boxing three times a week, feel great

You've lost 6 stone in 5/6 months?

• Advertisement

You've lost 6 stone in 5/6 months?

yes, i needed to, was a wreck. Went hardcore, did a whole 30 to start and kept to it by the letter, even the no drink!!

Since have followed the diets main points, basically high protein, low carbs. If i take a day off, i make sure it"s only a day, don't beat myself up about it, and go back the day after.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭ridonkulous

yes, i needed to, was a wreck. Went hardcore, did a whole 30 to start and kept to it by the letter, even the no drink!!

Since have followed the diets main points, basically high protein, low carbs. If i take a day off, i make sure it"s only a day, don't beat myself up about it, and go back the day after.

Fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 mckazzie

Have just came across the post while searching for tips on exercise & diet. Must say there are some great stories and well done. I'm a 31 year old female weighing in at approx. 16 stone. Its been years since I was on a scales. Non drinker but 20 a day smoker. The reason for doing it now: I have been unhappy with myself for a while and know if I don't do something now I'm heading down a very bad path in relation to health problems and I hope that it would help me give up the smokes. My aim: I would love to do Hell & Back. I know its going to be a long road but if it was easy it wouldn't be worth it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

consider trying an e-cigarette if you want to give up smoking without having to try and quit nicotine, 2 years off cigarettes myself and my general level of fitness improved a lot after a few weeks/months of not smoking

well, my fitness didn't improve I guess.. more my lungs didn't try to jump out my throat whenever I had to climb a flight of stairs. i'm still massively unfit but that's just because I don't exercise.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭HoggyRS

Holy mother of god thats impressive. I was 23 stone when I started trying to lose weight in January 2011 and still struggling away, 18 and a half now, have been as low as 17 and a half. Need a kick up the arse now tbh

• Advertisement

Fair play Mr Stuffins, Denerick, Tinner and Hoggy, congrats on your weight loss! It's well worth the effort. That's what I tell myself when I am thinking of slipping. I've managed to lose 10 lbs now in 2 weeks after a summer of false starts. Managed to pull myself back from the brink of ordering a pizza online Friday by reminding myself of the progress and sacrifices I've made in the last two weeks and is it really worth eating this pizza. My finger literally hovered over the Order button!

I know exactly where you are coming from mckazzie about the weight loss and avoiding future health problems. That is one of my major motivations for losing weight. I've never smoked but I know there is a program/tablet called champex (spelling?) that some pharmacies are doing that's very good. I know people who have given up smoking successfully using it. I'd never heard of Hell and Back but it looks like a cool challenge. Best of luck with it!

That's an amazing weight loss! I'm on a similar diet really, high protein, low carbs and I'm not drinking either.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

This is a great thread. Just read all the way through.

Here's where I am. I've always been overweight. Tried to shift it loads of times but never had the motivation to carry through. Even today I'm not looking to really be 'slim' just to shift some weight. I'm 6'5 and my Doctor once told me that I should be looking at about 15st 7lbs as a target weight. I'd be happy to get within a stone of that really.

What's motivating myself now is something really quite pathetic. Ever since school I've always known one lad who was much heavier than me. But at the start of this year he started Lighter Life and as of yesterday has now gone over 15 stone in weight loss and is now about 12 stones. Now I'm not advocating Lighter Life as a weight loss technicque for anyone and I wouldn't do it myself but the point was that this lad, my friend, went out and did something about turning his life around. And now that I don't know any of my friends who are bigger than me anymore I guess I should be next.

I'm currently doing Slimfast. Now I'm sure that I'll get some stick for that but it's working for me at the moment. Firstly, I really like the milkshakes, secondly they've removed the hassle from breakfasts and lunch and thirdly they've made me concentrate my efforts on eating a decent, balanced, low-calorie main meal. So now I'm living on between 1,200 and 1,500 calories a day. I've pretty much eliminated bread, rice, cheese and fruit juice. Never really ate chocolate or cakes or anything liek that anyway I only drink water and a couple of cups of tea a day, I've swapped out semi-skimmed milk for skimmed milk (something I never thought I'd do!) and I only drink alcohol when I've a reason to drink alcohol as opposed to it's Friday so let's have a beer. I still eat more potatoes than I should and that's something I know I need to work on. I don't feel weak, I don't feel tired. I've found it all a bit... easy.

Where I'm struggling is exercise. I've started doing some jogging but I'm really bad at it and I'm terribly lazy. I know I need to get out there but my bed is so much more tempting on these cold mornings. I need to get a grip of myself there, I know. I've got an exercise bike at home although I find it hurts my knees. I think that's almost an excuse to myself so will try to use it at least once a week. I walk loads anyway to and from work and to and from town but after reading this thread I'm definitely going to up the walking from tonight.

I weighed a little under 20 stones when I started this about 7 weeks ago. I've no idea what I weigh today and no intention of checking. I'm more interested in how I look, how I feel and what clothes I can fit into now which I couldn't before. I can see I look a little better now than I did. Yesterday afternoon I saw myself in the mirror in the toilets at work and realised that my shirt collar button was done up. I never have it done up and a few weeks ago it would have irritated me to the point where I'd have undone it. But now I hadfn't noticed it so my collar size must have gone down. I've got a shirt at the back of my wardrobe which I really like but haven't been able to wear for a couple of years. I'm going out for some pre-birthday drinks on November 17th and am determined to be able to wear it that night. I'm going to Las Vegas on holiday in just over six months time and I want to be able to go over there in the best shape that I can be in.

I'm not sure what the point I'm making is. It's just nice to write it. I'm not advocating Slimfast and I know I'll need permanent lifestyle changes in the long run. I guess I'm just advocating whatever works for the individual at that point in their life.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭BlueIsland

Beefy78 wrote: »

Here's where I am. I've always been overweight. Tried to shift it loads of times but never had the motivation to carry through. Even today I'm not looking to really be 'slim' just to shift some weight. I'm 6'5 and my Doctor once told me that I should be looking at about 15st 7lbs as a target weight. I'd be happy to get within a stone of that really.

What's motivating myself now is something really quite pathetic. Ever since school I've always known one lad who was much heavier than me. But at the start of this year he started Lighter Life and as of yesterday has now gone over 15 stone in weight loss and is now about 12 stones. Now I'm not advocating Lighter Life as a weight loss technicque for anyone and I wouldn't do it myself but the point was that this lad, my friend, went out and did something about turning his life around. And now that I don't know any of my friends who are bigger than me anymore I guess I should be next.

I'm currently doing Slimfast. Now I'm sure that I'll get some stick for that but it's working for me at the moment. Firstly, I really like the milkshakes, secondly they've removed the hassle from breakfasts and lunch and thirdly they've made me concentrate my efforts on eating a decent, balanced, low-calorie main meal. So now I'm living on between 1,200 and 1,500 calories a day. I've pretty much eliminated bread, rice, cheese and fruit juice. Never really ate chocolate or cakes or anything liek that anyway I only drink water and a couple of cups of tea a day, I've swapped out semi-skimmed milk for skimmed milk (something I never thought I'd do!) and I only drink alcohol when I've a reason to drink alcohol as opposed to it's Friday so let's have a beer. I still eat more potatoes than I should and that's something I know I need to work on. I don't feel weak, I don't feel tired. I've found it all a bit... easy.

Where I'm struggling is exercise. I've started doing some jogging but I'm really bad at it and I'm terribly lazy. I know I need to get out there but my bed is so much more tempting on these cold mornings. I need to get a grip of myself there, I know. I've got an exercise bike at home although I find it hurts my knees. I think that's almost an excuse to myself so will try to use it at least once a week. I walk loads anyway to and from work and to and from town but after reading this thread I'm definitely going to up the walking from tonight.

I weighed a little under 20 stones when I started this about 7 weeks ago. I've no idea what I weigh today and no intention of checking. I'm more interested in how I look, how I feel and what clothes I can fit into now which I couldn't before. I can see I look a little better now than I did. Yesterday afternoon I saw myself in the mirror in the toilets at work and realised that my shirt collar button was done up. I never have it done up and a few weeks ago it would have irritated me to the point where I'd have undone it. But now I hadfn't noticed it so my collar size must have gone down. I've got a shirt at the back of my wardrobe which I really like but haven't been able to wear for a couple of years. I'm going out for some pre-birthday drinks on November 17th and am determined to be able to wear it that night. I'm going to Las Vegas on holiday in just over six months time and I want to be able to go over there in the best shape that I can be in.

I'm not sure what the point I'm making is. It's just nice to write it. I'm not advocating Slimfast and I know I'll need permanent lifestyle changes in the long run. I guess I'm just advocating whatever works for the individual at that point in their life.

You go out of your way to be defensive about slimfast? Obviously this is a loaded quesiton but being honest what are the reasons you think you will get stick over it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

BlueIsland wrote: »
    You go out of your way to be defensive about slimfast? Obviously this is a loaded quesiton but being honest what are the reasons you think you will get stick over it?

I wouldn't say I'm being defensive or really going out of my way. Maybe I am. I was trying to pre-empt a response which I presumed I'd get. When I was researching possible options online any time I saw anyone mention that they were considering Slimfast or any other meal replacement programme (or even any sort of diet which could be described as a "fad") they'd typically be shouted down by people making (valid) points about the importance of balanced diets and long-term lifestyle changes which won't result in the weight going straight back on when you stop.

The thing is, I get the argument, I just think that these people underestimate a few points. Firstly the fact that Slimfast emphasises the importance of both calorie control and exercise in losing weight and then keeping the weight of, secondly that in order to hit the calorie limits for dinner and snacks you have to learn and understand which foods have high number of calories and to introduce your body to smaller portion sizes. And thirdly, I had 12 years of sandwiches, rolls and pasta for lunches at work but these two months on a meal bar at lunch have been tastier, more filling and cheaper than anything I've been used to. I'm not seeing it necessarily as a short term thing. I don't really see any need to go back onto a 'normal' lunch ever again, tbh.

I'm sounding defensive again, aren't I? ;)

Beefy78 wrote: »

nice work beefy, what ever your doing you've made a start ;)

Now i'm no expert in this, and i might of lost weight now, but its been ten years in the planning.

I have done all of the plans, slim fast, lipotrim, the cabbage soup diet, and attended all of the classes over the years. Initial success followed by difficult results and then back to old habits. Now i suppose if you plan to drink slimfast for the rest of your life you''l be grand and you'll maintain your loss otherwise from my experience you'll soon be back at square one.

Now, you'll get a 1000 different plans from nice people here which will help you lose weight, but what people don't understand about geezers like us is the constant hunger (well defo me!!!) and its ok saying you need willpower, if only it was that easy.

What i can say about the primal/paleo diet that after the first weeks of headaches and change is that i never felt hungry. Honestly. Normally after a few weeks of any diet i'd be looking for excuses I struggled to find them with this. Have a look at it its initially tough but only as tough as drinking a shake.

Get yourself a tracking account on fit day or something similar and be totally honest with yourself, write everything you eat/drink into it. There is no magic solution, calories in have to be lower than calories out.

Exercise mate has to be something you enjoy or you wont stick with it. I got a punching bag, found a 30 min program and stuck at it, loved it :) Once i got down to 18 stone i started the couch to 5km program and can now run for 30 mins, well jog...

Either way mate good luck with it and well done again for starting.

nice work beefy, what ever your doing you've made a start ;)

Now i'm no expert in this, and i might of lost weight now, but its been ten years in the planning.

I have done all of the plans, slim fast, lipotrim, the cabbage soup diet, and attended all of the classes over the years. Initial success followed by difficult results and then back to old habits. Now i suppose if you plan to drink slimfast for the rest of your life you''l be grand and you'll maintain your loss otherwise from my experience you'll soon be back at square one.

Now, you'll get a 1000 different plans from nice people here which will help you lose weight, but what people don't understand people about geezers like us is the constant hunger (well defo me!!!) and its ok saying you need willpower, if only it was that easy.

What i can say about the primal/paleo diet that after the first weeks of headaches and change is that i never felt hungry. Honestly. Normally after a few weeks of any diet i'd be looking for excuses I struggled to find them with this. Have a look at it its initially tough but only as tough as drinking a shake.

Get yourself a tracking account on fit day or something similar and be totally honest with yourself, write everything you eat/drink into it. There is no magic solution, calories in have to be lower than calories out.

Exercise mate has to be something you enjoy or you wont stick with it. I got a punching bag, found a 30 min program and stuck at it, loved it :) Once i got down to 18 stone i started the couch to 5km program and can now run for 30 mins, well jog...

Either way mate good luck with it and well done again for starting.

Cheers mate. All good advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭squonk

I found reading this thread pretty interesting and it's nice to see there are others in the same boat!

I'm starting out. I'm 19st at the moment. I used to be very thin as a teenager but round about 16 or 17 I hurt my back. I didn't know I'd hurt my back at that stage but I couldn't fully extend my left leg and ended up in real pain if I did. Over the next 20 or so years I developed a limp and started to slow down over time. Major physical activity was never really very enjoyable either so, as in most things in day to day life, you take the fastest handiest route which if it involved not walking, was a good thing. Even though I was thin as a teenager it was from walking and pleasure cycling. I was never a sport person. I was a nerd really so I found sports like running largely very boring.

About 18 months ago now I got my back problems diagnosed and sorted. I got off to a good start after my op and was surprised after a while how much walking I could do and I started to lose some weight. Unfortunately once I went back to work I wasn't able to rest as much between excercise and I found that my activity was limited by my back muscles tiring easilly. I had to adjust to walking differently and I think everything had to readjust after a whole lot of years. It's only in the last couple of months that my back has strengthened and I'm getting back to the stage where walking from A-B isn't some form of torture after a short while.

My family commented often on my weight but I never thought it was that big a deal myself. I was used to it. Earlier this year a friend from school was diagnosed with Diabetes which was a bit of an 'Oh crap' moment and when I hopped onto a scale at a friend's place one evening for the craic I was surprised to see 19st. I figured it was time to change really.

I'm not the biggest eater but wouldn't have been that active historically but I'll munch away on crisps and junk in general when watching the telly at night. I live by myself as well so it can be easier to get used to bigger portions as well.

This week I decided to cut out the junk. For my dinner I've always been a 'waste not, want not' person so eat everything in front of me. I decided this week I'd intentionally leave something behind, more just to try to get to the habit of stopping when I feel full. I stuck to a banana and an actimel for breakfast, my regular dinner (with a small bit left behind), two slices of soda bread, butter and hame and 2-3 marietta biscuits and a cup of drinking chocolate before bedtime.

I've started back in the gym as well. EVen when a teenager I was never a successful runner so I'm starting out on the bike. I've only been 3 times since Monday and haven't managed to do a full 30 minutes just yet. First time out I managed 23 minutes, then 27 and 25 last night. I'm at least hitting a reasonable heart rate of 150-165 so, for now, I don't feel like I'm slacking off as such. Last night after I got off the bike I hopped onto the treadmill for a 10 minute brisk walk. My legs were starting to get tired on the bike.

So far I seem to have lost 2lbs but I'm not sure if my start weight was 100% accurate as it was taken in the evening. This is a warm up week though to try and develope some habits. I'm trying to be pretty realistic. I've never been a major sports person so I've no expectations that after 3 months I'll be roaring about wanting to run a 5K. Right now getting to the gym, spending an hour or two there as part of my evening and being relatively happy about that is good going. My weight came on over almost 20 years so it's not going anywhere by January. I'd be happy even being 16st. I'm not congratulating myself by losing 2lb this week. I'm not even sure my start weight was 100% accurate but you'd lose that just by getting going at my weight anwyay for a while. I'll track more over the next couple of weeks. Even if I haven't made any new progress by next week I'll stick at it as it's the habit that counts and over time anyway I'll get a bit fitter and be able to go longer on the bike and treadmill. I'll be out on Saturday and Sunday for food and drinks with friends which is grand as at least I've made an effort this week and I'll be back to the routine on Monday again. I guess that's the important part. I've a week's holidays coming up and Christmas is coming too which will break my routine so I'm not expecting great things between now and January but if I have laid the groundwork it won't be one of these new years resolutions that are long gone by Feb this time round!

Good work squonk. Keep at it mate.

Next week, I'll be exclusively wearing to work shirts which have been too small to wear the last couple of years. It was a nice little boost when I tried a few things on this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Brilliant thread, I loved reading the stories of how people are trying to better themselves and lose weight etc, plus I have even picked up a few tips.

Thing is though, I dont think one poster has mentioned feeling embarrassed or awkward taking a shower after their work-out, we are talking about people who are quite overweight, some of them 20+ stone, and even me, who is about 2 and a half stone overweight, would be very uncomfortable taking my clothes off and walking around when you are overweight, particularly in a crowded locker room and when most of them are toned and as fit as a fiddle. Now I know thats just my own experience and other people could regularly see many obese people stripping in the locker room but in my experience, the heavy people are actually the minority in the gym. I usually go between 1pm and 3pm so that may be why, but there are definitely a few nasty people who would snigger and look down on people with wobbly bits, and although its not an excuse not to go, it doesnt make the experience any easier. Im surprised more people dont have this issue, Im male by the way.

Brilliant thread, I loved reading the stories of how people are trying to better themselves and lose weight etc, plus I have even picked up a few tips.

Thing is though, I dont think one poster has mentioned feeling embarrassed or awkward taking a shower after their work-out, we are talking about people who are quite overweight, some of them 20+ stone, and even me, who is about 2 and a half stone overweight, would be very uncomfortable taking my clothes off and walking around when you are overweight, particularly in a crowded locker room and when most of them are toned and as fit as a fiddle. Now I know thats just my own experience and other people could regularly see many obese people stripping in the locker room but in my experience, the heavy people are actually the minority in the gym. I usually go between 1pm and 3pm so that may be why, but there are definitely a few nasty people who would snigger and look down on people with wobbly bits, and although its not an excuse not to go, it doesnt make the experience any easier. Im surprised more people dont have this issue, Im male by the way.

I had a comment about two months ago, when I just started using the gym. Completely starkers, making my way to the shower. Heard a few (youngish) lads saying something about how they had a pie lying around but it looks like yer man there must have ate it.... Sure it was lighthearted stuff, right? I told him to go **** himself. Not angry or embarassed, just straight and to the point. As I was making my way to the shower I could hear a chorus of claps and 'good on ya boy', that sort of thing. Most people might internalise those sorts of comments but wouldn't dream of saying them aloud. To be honest, when you start losing the weight you stop giving a **** about this sort of thing very quickly. Its a very virtuous circle.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Denerick wrote: »
    I had a comment about two months ago, when I just started using the gym. Completely starkers, making my way to the shower. Heard a few (youngish) lads saying something about how they had a pie lying around but it looks like yer man there must have ate it.... Sure it was lighthearted stuff, right? I told him to go **** himself. Not angry or embarassed, just straight and to the point. As I was making my way to the shower I could hear a chorus of claps and 'good on ya boy', that sort of thing. Most people might internalise those sorts of comments but wouldn't dream of saying them aloud. To be honest, when you start losing the weight you stop giving a **** about this sort of thing very quickly. Its a very virtuous circle.

The mouthy little f*ck! You were lenient on the gobsh*te if anything...

EDIT: For what it's worth, when I see someone carrying alot of weight working hard in the gym, I always have the same thought: "Fair play to ye..."

hey f@uck those people, gyms are full of all kinds of people, one of the instructors on here said that most people in his gym would feel like being abusive if they saw a big geezer in macdonalds but in the gym they think fair comment for having the balls and making an effort.

I could arrange for a couple of big geezers to escort you to the gym and assist those fools with a public apology :pac::pac:

seriously though, keep your head down, work hard and you will not be that person for much longer anyhow, if not find a new place with karate lessons ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

hey f@uck those people, gyms are full of all kinds of people, one of the instructors on here said that most people in his gym would feel like being abusive if they saw a big geezer in macdonalds but in the gym they think fair comment for having the balls and making an effort.

I could arrange for a couple of big geezers to escort you to the gym and assist those fools with a public apology :pac::pac:

seriously though, keep your head down, work hard and you will not be that person for much longer anyhow, if not find a new place with karate lessons ;)

Yeah, two skills for the price of one, weight loss and karate! I guess my own experience is that my gym is about 85% slim, fit and toned people and the odd contingent of heavy and obese people, very rarely have I seen more than 3 obese people in the same session and Im just curious do other people notice a higher percentage? Its the same with all these statistics about how something like three quarters of Irish adults are overweight, and yet when I go into town each day I dont know where there are hiding, I see nothing but very fit and toned young people, maybe its to do with the rise in popularity of all these adventure races and marathons etc.

Im sure there are a huge amount of obese people out there but I personally dont see a lot of them in day to day life, including the gym. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

I cannot believe chaps would make comment like that in the gym, the gym is a place where everyone is usually working towards a goal and respect the effort others are making. I would say these are young fellows, blindly swinging dumbel curls in the squat wrack and posing looking at their tiny infantile muscles. Dicks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,755 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Use comments from idiots like that as motivation lads.

When I'm at the gym I pay little to no attention to what anyone else is doing tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

vibes23 wrote: »
    IS there anyone on this forum who does or in the past weight 20+ stone. I'm currently weighing about 21 stone and at my heaviest I was 23.5 stone. I'm 30 yr old male. Non smoker, very occasional drinker no more then 6 pints per month or every other month.

For past 6 weeks ive been training 3-4 days a week. workout plan is 65% weights 35% cardio. My eating has improved by 100% in terms of what i eat and when I eat but still needs some work. But after 6 weeks i don't feel like im getting anywhere, Also to point out i have given up with scales.....my reasons?

1. I wana go by my clothes
    2. Go by my BMI

Also cause im lifting weights i do feel im putting on muscle so i find its not given me an accurate picture and I find when i focus on the number i lose faith.

I have alot of friends who are half my size and are very athletic, i have friends who take steroids and are huge in size and friends who wouldn't touch them and are in amazing shape and i have gotten advice from them all.

THE PROBLEM.....

Not one of the people i know has been in my position. Its very well for someone given u advice who has BMI of 15 or lower and never been classed as obese. So im dieing to talk to people who are in same both as me or were in past.

I have been on every diet in the world at least once, I aint looking for a diet im looking for help and few tips on a lifestyle change!

People who are/where clinically obese but have beaten the bulge!

Get on here and tell me your story how you do/did it, how you keep focus on the bad days and what worked for you.....

Need help, my head is wrecked at the mo feel im getting no where :confused:

I weighed 20.1 stone at my heaviest two and a half years ago.....I decided enough was enough and decided to analyse why I was this weight.....I thought the best course of action was to really tighten and tone my legs which worked and helped me drop upper body weight....my upper body was so heavy that my calfs were in constant pain.

I got down to 16 stone about a year ago and decidded i needed to lose more. I upped my activities, so I joined a gym and a soccer club, cycled to work and bought a dog so Id have a buddy to get me out of the house when no one was around. I didnt drastically change my diet but I eliminated milk from it and stopped picking at food or snacking so I have set meals. Currently Im 13.7 stone and feeling very fit....love handles gone and the slightest emergence of a six pack.....im 6 1 and carry the current weight ok but will continute to try and lose weight till i get down to 12....

I have been where you are, it sucks but subtle changes to your lifestyle does help immensly.....you can do it buddy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Sirsok wrote: »
    im 6 1 and carry the current weight ok but will continute to try and lose weight till i get down to 12....

Well done on all the weight loss. you have changed your diet (dairy) and altered your eating habits. the two biggest factors in any weight loss.

I'd say your ideal weight is closer to 13 stone than 12 stone. You need to keep dropping the bodyfat and add muscle to your overall frame - so a balanced full body workout in the gym 2/3 times a week is the way to go

I'm 5ft 10" and weigh just over 75kg (12.5 stone)

• Advertisement

Sirsok wrote: »
    I weighed 20.1 stone at my heaviest two and a half years ago.....I decided enough was enough and decided to analyse why I was this weight.....I thought the best course of action was to really tighten and tone my legs which worked and helped me drop upper body weight....my upper body was so heavy that my calfs were in constant pain.

I got down to 16 stone about a year ago and decidded i needed to lose more. I upped my activities, so I joined a gym and a soccer club, cycled to work and bought a dog so Id have a buddy to get me out of the house when no one was around. I didnt drastically change my diet but I eliminated milk from it and stopped picking at food or snacking so I have set meals. Currently Im 13.7 stone and feeling very fit....love handles gone and the slightest emergence of a six pack.....im 6 1 and carry the current weight ok but will continute to try and lose weight till i get down to 12....

I have been where you are, it sucks but subtle changes to your lifestyle does help immensly.....you can do it buddy!

Well done chief, very inspiring.

Did you have problems with loose skin or does that take care of itself eventually? My ideal scenario will see me around 13:7 but built.

Advertisement