Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ITV HD on UPC

• 13-07-2012 12:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 484 ✭✭

I have a tv with a DVB-C tuner and the channel list has updated with a new channel ITV HD which I presume is meant to be ITV1 HD, looks like its testing for EPG launch on UPC.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭Infoanon

DigiDec wrote: »
    I have a tv with a DVB-C tuner and the channel list has updated with a new channel ITV HD which I presume is meant to be ITV1 HD, looks like its testing for EPG launch on UPC.

Don't know how UTV would feel about that with the imminent launch of their HD service.
    Don't know why Ch4 & E4 HD are not on UPC line up either.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭macker22

can't see itv hd been added might have some chance of gettin utv hd . . would love to see ch 4 e4 more 4 and film 4 hd been added . . 4od would be good on demand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

macker22 wrote: »
    can't see itv hd been added might have some chance of gettin utv hd . . would love to see ch 4 e4 more 4 and film 4 hd been added . . 4od would be good on demand

More4 don't broadcast in HD

I too would love to see UTV HD (when it launches properly in October), Channel 4 HD, E4 HD, Film4 HD and a few more Entertainment channels like Comedy Central, FX etc in HD

Although it is a bit greedy on the day UPC have launched 21 HD channels. Maybe next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭macker22

sorry i taught it was . . i heard there ment to be gettin TV3 and TG4 HD sometime in September . . ye i'd like to see few more entertainment channels in hd guess we'll have to wait and see wat happens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭xxyyxx

TG4 HD launches on UPC next month. I don't think TV3 gave a launch date for HD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Any signs of ITV HD or UTV HD coming to UPC?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,532 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Forget UTV HD, give us a decent picture on the existing UTV, it's far and away the worst picture quality of any of the UPC channels.

The other night they had a celebrity version of Who Wants to be a Millionaire, when it started Chris Tarrant was standing there in the middle of the set as usual and the background was so involved with 45 degree lines etc. that his face was literally a blur until they zoomed in on him. Watch X-factor or any similar stage show and see how the laser beams are all pixellated, it's rubbish!

The most comical effect is that the idiots on TOWIE have whitened their teeth so much that when they open their mouths, unless they are in close-up all you can see most of the time is a white blur!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Its **** for football, I dont like watching matches on it!

Nearly better off getting a HD stream!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

We don't drag up old threads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement