Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sending MMS's??

Options
  • 13-07-2012 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭

I've a samsung galaxy Y, i've been trying for months now to send MMS's and just found out how to, by turning on Data Roaming, which I know means internet and charges, so do Incur internet charges along with charges for sending an MMS or is it just for sending a MMS??

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 424 Verified rep eMobile: Tony

dido2 wrote: »
    I've a samsung galaxy Y, i've been trying for months now to send MMS's and just found out how to, by turning on Data Roaming, which I know means internet and charges, so do Incur internet charges along with charges for sending an MMS or is it just for sending a MMS??

Hi dido2,

When sending an MMS you are charged for sending this. As your phone is a smart phone it will be connecting to the internet so you could incur data charges also.

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭dido2

Since when did it become necessary to be connected to the internet to send a MMS?? Before I had the galaxy, if I wanted to send a picture message I sent it, so I get charged for the message and also for internet too, sorry but I can't really understand the need for internet access to send a MMS.... and I'm really annoyed now too because I don't have a data add on, no intentions of having one, but if I want to send MMS's it's going to cost me..

Since when did it become necessary to be connected to the internet to send a MMS?? Before I had the galaxy, if I wanted to send a picture message I sent it, so I get charged for the message and also for internet too, sorry but I can't really understand the need for internet access to send a MMS.... and I'm really annoyed now too because I don't have a data add on, no intentions of having one, but if I want to send MMS's it's going to cost me..

Hi dido2,

When sending an MMS you need to connect to an internet server in order to send the message. This is the only way that an MMS can be sent.

Tony

Up until I changed phone and provider if I had a picture message to send, I sent it the same as a text message, I never had to turn on the internet on my phone......

Up until I changed phone and provider if I had a picture message to send, I sent it the same as a text message, I never had to turn on the internet on my phone......

Hi dido2,

As advised previously with eMobile it is not possible for you to send an MMS without having the internet enabled on your phone.

Tony

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Changes to phones mean your noticing this now where you might not have before. The mms sends similar to an email so the phone has to start a data connection to send the mms. This would have done this without you noticing, where now so much data being used, phones have option to turn off data connections completely. You need to check your settings so you can turn your data on without program's using it in the background.

All networks are the same.

Davy wrote: »
    Changes to phones mean your noticing this now where you might not have before. The mms sends similar to an email so the phone has to start a data connection to send the mms. This would have done this without you noticing, where now so much data being used, phones have option to turn off data connections completely. You need to check your settings so you can turn your data on without program's using it in the background.

All networks are the same.

Thanks Davy for that post. Yes this information is correct.

Tony

Thanks for the replies, that explains why I never noticed before if I actually didn't have to turn data on and off...

Thanks for the replies, that explains why I never noticed before if I actually didn't have to turn data on and off...

No problem dido2,

Let me know if you have any other queries.

Tony

Advertisement