Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some DoC fallout

Options
  • 13-07-2012 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭

So, one week after DoC 7, and I've a few observations and such to make, as well as a lil info.
    The new monitors are awesome, but apparently seem to have some lag issues when used with a recording setup. This should be solved soon in any case, either by Doom getting himself that Black Magic recording thing, or by simply using another monitor.
    Also! And this is kinda big for the whole community; there was a small flood in the Exchange, and this means that, though all our gear is fine and dandy, all the boxes were ruined, which means we have a bunch of speakers and monitors hanging loose. There should be something done about this, even if it's just getting a plastic container or something to hold them in...

Also! Also! I was chatting with one of the Exchange guys, who mentioned that they had recently redone their site, and one of the things they added was a little set of images on the frontpage which shows posters or whatever of upcoming events...so if someone wanted to make an Inferno advert or a DoC poster, they could put it up there, maybe generate some hype for people who don't know about the tournaments.

I'm trying to think of other things that could be done better/differently, but as it stands, this was the smoothest DoC in the bumpiest Exchange so far.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

Yeah it was an awesome doc, some shades for the windows would be great though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

yea the day just went so smooth, it was awesome.

yea new monitors were pretty sweet indeed, cool that the lag on the recording station will be sorted, just a techinan hitch with having new gear i guess

also again major thanks again to voa for changing mk9 grand finals to 3/5 :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

If 'der was a poster, what size would it be? and what info would everyone want on it?

And Inferno is more about SF, yes? Whereahs UMvC3 would be in the likes of DoC. Or does that part matter

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Yeah there's a thing I was not aware about with processing on descaling to 720p which I currently need to do to record. It was pretty obviously lagging to me when I was playing it anyway, I couldn't tech for crap and couldn't land a hit confirm for my life). That said, we've had soooo many problems with the component to vga converters for the monitors in the past, I still think the experience was better (no random cut outs for one, or the crazy resolution problems we had).

I'm using payday this month to buy a 1080p hdmi/ component recording device so it all should be a moot point by the next tourney.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Lythero wrote: »
    If 'der was a poster, what size would it be? and what info would everyone want on it?

And Inferno is more about SF, yes? Whereahs UMvC3 would be in the likes of DoC. Or does that part matter

DoC was in infernos spot this month. The two have been effectively merged!

If you notice in my vids I refer to the SF vids as inferno because thats what people think of for Irish SF vids. the rest are labelled DoC.

• Advertisement
Advertisement